Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating in Boston Area ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203040-boating-boston-area.html)

creeper 02-11-2009 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 2798383)
Creeper he's 50! he is grown nothing against you but probably older then you

He is.................and depressing................

pm203 02-11-2009 08:06 PM

The economy in Boston is booming compared to Florida or Michigan. Its nice in the summer for about 3 months. The rest of the year isn't bad if you like seasons. The people are rude and the roads suck. But, there are no floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires etc. Not the worst place to live. Boating in Boston can be cool. Or you could keep your boat in NH at the lake and live on it during the weekends. Gorgeous scenery with mountains, freshwater and nicer people.

creeper 02-11-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 2798436)
The economy in Boston is booming compared to Florida or Michigan. Its nice in the summer for about 3 months. The rest of the year isn't bad if you like seasons. The people are rude and the roads suck. But, there are no floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, fires etc. Not the worst place to live. Boating in Boston can be cool. Or you could keep your boat in NH at the lake and live on it during the weekends. Gorgeous scenery with mountains, freshwater and nicer people.

Thanks....this is what I'm wondering about....

Whats the so called season....April to Oct or shorter/longer?

pm203 02-11-2009 10:29 PM

Gets boatable around mid May and ends mid Oct for alot of people.

oldschoolfan 02-12-2009 07:05 AM

That was kind of depressing i agree. I live on Cape Cod and the boating here is great. Not sure if you are planning on living in Boston proper or outside of the city. Look into plymouth area. Nice marina a Brewer yard close to the canal so you can get to the couth side of the cape in a short ride then you have buzzards bay the Elizabeth islands, Newport and block island or head to Nantucket sound and you have Hyannis, Falmouth, Marthas Vinyard, and Nantucket. Let me know if I can help in anyway. I am in the real estste business and do not touch residental sales, but have a few contacts on that side of the business.

Josh

Sick Stinger 02-12-2009 07:11 AM

Screw NH laws of noise and speed. And its lakes alot so your going in circles. Keep it in the river or bay best option to actually go somewhere. I love it hear wouldnt move even if i had to.
-Mike

Sick Stinger 02-12-2009 07:47 AM

Scott you and i will discuss this on Sat. let me tell you.
-Mike

Audiofn 02-12-2009 08:41 AM

Plymouth? That is like Dorchester with a view!! :D

The taxes can be a little on the tough side and maybe getting worse but I think that the Gov. is going to get a lot of resistence to that and if we are lucky this will be his only term.

Lots of good boating in the area and live aboards are doable if you know how. I have a customer that I will be going to see this afternoon that is on a live aboard.

Audiofn 02-12-2009 08:42 AM

What company is she looking at in Pharma?

pm203 02-12-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 2798647)
Screw NH laws of noise and speed. And its lakes alot so your going in circles. Keep it in the river or bay best option to actually go somewhere. I love it hear wouldnt move even if i had to.
-Mike

He says he has a criuser. Speed and noise shouldn't be a issue. I have boated in Boston, and do miss it a bit. I don't miss the floating telephone poles or the pieces of deteriorating dock pieces floating just above the surface. Lake Winni is so much better. Beautiful scenery, no sales tax, friendly people and excellent service 7 days a week if your boat needs something. In Boston, you can't even get your boat hauled out on a weekend unless you know someone.