Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating in Boston Area ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203040-boating-boston-area.html)

Sick Stinger 02-12-2009 10:47 AM

Yea lake winni is great........... if you dont have a perfromance boat or dont mind going in circles. Dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind seeing it once or twice but so much more to do around here and i dont have any problem where i am.
Mike

Pismo10 02-12-2009 10:51 AM

South Shore of Boston is very nice for boating, North River, Scituate harbor. Homes are cheaper than the north shore. Winter is long and cold in Mass.

pm203 02-12-2009 12:13 PM

Lake Winni is 72 square miles! If you are going in circles, you should check your steering. :D

Sick Stinger 02-12-2009 12:26 PM

My ride to block is about 72 mile there and back and thats just 1 of many places to go! beside Martas Vineyard, Newport, Bristol, Long Island Cutthunk just to name a few of the many.
-Mike

pm203 02-12-2009 12:34 PM

I'm with you. But if gas was like it was last year, I doubt alot of people will actually do those rides every weekend.

pm203 02-12-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE (Post 2798865)
They also just passed the speed limit laws.. so I hope the cruiser doesn't do anything more then cruise...

The speed limit is unenforceable. It will be business as usual this year. Of course, you won't be able to buzz the Weirs at 90 MPH.

Sick Stinger 02-12-2009 01:38 PM

No 90! Danm. PM agreed on the fuel cost i know it hurts everyone i dont care how much money you have you still think about it....
-Mike

pm203 02-12-2009 01:42 PM

First of all, the test zones were not issuing tickets for speed limits last year, they were just monitoring speeds.
Secondly, the arsewholes that passed this law made sure that they tied it into your driving record. So if you get a ticket on the lake, it can affect your auto insurance.
Third of all, in two years, it comes up for review again. lets hope it gets squashed.

pm203 02-12-2009 02:18 PM

This whole speed limit thing is so ridiculous. How you pass a law based on fear and not current facts and statistics is beyond me. The politicians responsible for its passing should be hung for treason. They are a disgraceful and dishonest bunch. Anyhow, I usually don't hang out in Braun bay, but this year, I might buzz by. I need to circle Bear Island a few times first.

pm203 02-12-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE (Post 2798942)
I am with you man.. It jumps my blood pressure every time I think of the stupidity behind it.... So much for live free or die...

Isn't the guy who was pushing the limits the most lives on bear island right?

I will join you.. Lets pull all mufflers off as well!!!! :evilb::ernaehrung004::evilb:

The Bear Island buch started the whole thing. Its payback for the Littlefield accident. They got Rep Pilliod to start the shameful deception.