Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Painting my Hustlers transom vs gel coat ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203092-painting-my-hustlers-transom-vs-gel-coat.html)

Strip Poker 388 05-13-2009 09:35 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Kirt I sent ya a reply,

Heres the steering,all new bushings,I polished all the shoulders on the bolts and reploshed the parts and cylinders etc.The transom asy are new and buffed and waxed:drink:

Panther 05-13-2009 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You're a nut Rob!!! Lookin good!

Hey, imagine these drives being 2" lower...:eek: With some luck I test this weekend if the rain holds out.

Strip Poker 388 05-13-2009 10:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Frank look how the drive came back from the Bravo ShopT:mad::mad:he top cap looks like it slid across the bench,paint all chiped and scratched,They didnt clean none of the outside,Im still pissed about the upper gear failure:eek:

How ya like the leading edge.

Panther 05-13-2009 11:14 AM

Rob, you sure that lower isn't one of my old ones???? The dents look exactly like one of my old lowers....:eek:

Strip Poker 388 05-13-2009 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2865211)
Rob, you sure that lower isn't one of my old ones???? The dents look exactly like one of my old lowers....:eek:

Yes I stamped my name in all the cases and parts,its sad that I would think I would have 2.theres gouges in the sides of the foots also,it was defently slung around .I wonder what care they took building the out side,I see no 101,Now ital look like sh!t and the rest looks brand new!!

Strip Poker 388 05-18-2009 11:38 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'm scared to run it now:eek: on the rag is what i wiped out of the shift rod tunnel,this was left there from when the upper gear came apart,and after the full rebuild,pretty good size slivers,the other is a bronze looking knurl,it was on top of the shift fork, I don't see anything inside,alittle dry. But ck out the big bur hanging inside , just waiting to fall off, How much trouble would it of been to debur this?

Panther Im wondering if any of the bearings got replaced,I paid for all new.

Strip Poker 388 05-18-2009 11:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
the transom is painted and the port side the chip in the back side had a hard time blending, So we recreared the hole side,there was a few rock chips in the front,I asked him twice to touch up and not to clear over the chips, well he forgot,knowing the person up there wet sanding saw it:mad:.

Thinking about making him reclear fixing the inexcusable defects.What do you all think?

Looks like 2009 is the year for everybody to sh!t on me.I'm burnt out.

Panther 05-19-2009 07:40 AM

Not sure what to say Rob.... bummer...

May as well pull that drive apart and see what was done. The upper is very easy to take apart and assemble. Give me a call if you need anything.

As for the paint, I dunno... May have to start putting it back together at some point... One trip down the road and a rock will kick up and hit the boat.

Strip Poker 388 06-04-2009 12:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Help Please....

I need some opinions, When I told my guy what I wanted done to the transom, which was fill water pickup hole and 2 dumps, seal up thru hulls ,gel up the the exhaust holes and drive plate opening,gel it, paint it white and clear,wet sand and buff like a car paint job, no sand scratches. Make it look new, all scratches,chips, etc fixed,

Its got a pretty good orange peel.

Well Its painted and wet sanded and buffed,I had to have them buff it twice they left sand scratches:(But he did not wet sand and buff the bottom of the swim platform,He's claiming it wasn't figured in and nobody See's it anyway.Sounds like BS to me.He wants to charge me like 8 hours to do it.He already charge me $5k to do the transom.I had the bottom redone, and nobody can see it .I replacing the lader just because it was dingy looking.I know its not finished and you can see it on the trailer, I consider its not completed.

What do you all think?

Thanks
Rob:drink:

BOATMAN302 06-04-2009 06:54 AM

Its hard to get the clear to flow when it is upside down (under the swim platform) but if that is what you paid for thats what you should get. Even though its hard to see under there you know its there. 5 K is plenty to do the transom since you spent the time to remove everything. Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!