OT. California People please help. >

OT. California People please help.

Notices

OT. California People please help.

Old 03-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Tripps , Thanks for the suggestion , will add that to the to do list.

BBC, Sounds good to me , see what you can do. I'll give J.O. a call and put an idea in his head. If your looking for any stellings in the future let me know , I now someone who has 3 sets sitting around.. ps. have fun in Fl this weekend.

PhantomChaos, Can't change plans , I will be getting there sometime sunday afternoon. I think the run would be over by then?

Puder, Yeah, I'll take you out for a ride, I could always use someone to clean the boat.....

Magnuman, Please , give me info on Hotels, Rest. etc. dont need info on wineries cause we will be spending 4 days in Sonoma.Thanks

Tom

Old 03-19-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you want restaurants, hotels in the Sonoma area or in San Francisco?
Old 03-19-2002, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Tom, everybody will be rollin back into town from havasu on sunday night/monday. I'd be glad to take you out for a blast except I'm working all week after we get back from the poker run.

Magnuman is right you should stay somewhere near Hollywood beverly hills area. You should check out Sunset, and Hollywood blvds...manns Chinese and all of that. Since it's not the weekend the clubs wont be jumpin but theres still good stuff to check out. You can also roll up to Universal city walk, check that out and actually go into universal studios if you so desire. Theres also the regular stuff like Disneyland/california adventures, Knotts berry farm, MagicMountain. Check out Beverly hills, go by Symbolic Motors, they have a very nice selection of exotic vehicles. Platnum motors also just opened a shop up off of Rodeo (they are the North american distributers for Lomborghini) then theres Rodeo to check out.

You can also roll down to LongBeach and or Newport Harbors and check out the SCOPE guys stomping ground Visit the Yardhouse, woodies, hooters....You are sure to run into someone with an offshore boat around there. Theres also the Queen Mary in LongBeach.

Just one comment, the Norskog Marine center is now up here where I live in Oxnard California (about an hour north of L.A. and on your way to San Fran.) You could go by there and check it out, it is very cool from what I'm told. You can also swing by the Power boat Mag headquarters here in Ventura (neighboring city of Oxnard) I can let Brett Becker the editor know you are swinging by if you are interested. He'll give you the down and dirty tour of the H.Q. and he's good to B.S. with about boats, the mag. and what not.

If you need anything else let me know. Sorry it was so long....Theres alot to do here and I just barely scratched the surface!

Tank
Old 03-20-2002, 03:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tank, Thanks for all the info.... Tom

Magnuman , I need info on SanFan., Hotels and Rest. We are already set for a place in Sonoma . (girlfriends company picking up the tab for Sonoma stay.)

Tom
Old 03-20-2002, 05:45 PM
Registered

Tom,
Hotels in San Francisco:
In order of preference.
Clift Hotel (800) 652-5438
The W (415) 777-5300
Prescott Hotel (415) 563-0303
The Mandarin (415) 885-0999
Hotel Rex (415) 433-4434

I hope you are staying at MacArthur Place is Sonoma, if not you should go to their retaurant, Saddles.

Retaurants in San Francsico: Reservations are a must at all of these restaurants.
Gary Danko (Must reserve immediately)
Farralon
Redwood Park
Postrio (inside the Prescott Hotel)
Boulevard
LuLu
House of Prime Rib (For the steak fix)

Let me know if you need any further help.
P.S. I used to be your neighbor when I lived in N.Y. I had a home in Port Washington.

Last edited by magnuman; 03-20-2002 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:29 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

tom

see the thread i started a few days ago "need help cleaning your boat"
Old 03-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Magnuman, Thanks for the info.. Tom

Anyone have anything else?
Old 03-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Registered

Default Tom

I keep a 382 Formula in my backyard about 1hr east of San Fran.
I,m always ready for a run. Email if your interested
Old 03-23-2002, 02:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Hot Water , I'll send you a e-mail, lets go boating..
Old 03-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

TomFTM,

Hi there.......we're back! Well, it looks like J.O. will be coming out the weekend of April 26th. The boat should be done (hopefully)by then as well. Florida was awesome! As always of course. That Outerlimits is the bomb! Mike makes a truly impressive product. A great time was definitely had by all.

As for the Stellings, do you know of a pair of blacks with a 12 degree rise? I do need another set again. Thank you for thinking of it. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Anna

Quick Reply: OT. California People please help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.