NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth. >

NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth.

Notices

NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth.

Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WMF
The real problem is your boat could be worth 60K or 300K but if someone cant get a loan on it it is worthless!!!! Thier are alot of buyers out thier with great credit and income, but the banks dont want to lend money on Performance boats right now!!!! which is going to lower values even more

I Heard that.. I got an older baja.. TOTALLY restored... and it isn't worth A**.. I even had a guy looking to by it but the bank would only loan him 20k on it... I got that much in drives and gimbles on the back!!

This economy sucks!!
Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WMF
NADA just updated all thier boat values about a month ago, and prices went way down Most banks use BUChttp://www.bucvalu.com/ to determin boat value

Seems there values are a bit higher than NADA.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

BUC values are what surveyors use to determine the value. A lot of bank and credit unions use the NADA values. I have never seen a NADA value be anything close to what the asking price on an older boat is. What I would really like to know is where does NADA get their values from.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Any of those boats could be worth either figure. Book value means nothing on an older boat.

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
So i did a few checks on boats and seem like what people are asking and what NADA says it worth is Way different.

example:
78 Cigarette 28SS . Asking 28000. Nada 7900 with twin motor
85 Pantera 28ft. asking 25000. NADA. 10100 with twin motor
94 Phantom 29ft. asking 33000. Nada Less motor with drive 14100.
My own boat. 85 Chris Craft 390stinger. Asking 54000, NADA 30000. and i know ill never get that much just being fair to all.

So with this example is NADA way wrong or how are they priceing out boats?

Seems like the old fiberglass just dont hold value says Nada. Any insight?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Registered

doesnt nada price everything seperatley boat, motors and trailer thats how my center console was just a few months ago then add everything together and come up w/ value
Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

right now you can choose to have your motors in the quote. you have to read at the bottom if you have somthing like (**) next to the name of your modle then you can select your HP and engine size. with in reason. for you guys with custom motors ya your quote may be worth a bit more...

But just because you put money into something dosent make it worth that much more.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's a shame that it's not more like the classic car market, both from a value stand point and from an insurance and financing stand point.

It takes as much or more money to fix up an old boat, but it's solely for your own pleasure because there's no return.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only "book" that ever put a value to anything is the check book.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

As everyone said its what the market demands, not some price in the book.

With boats its always pay a little now or a lot later. For just about any boat out there you can find one that fits the NADA guide pricing. Problem is the boat will be untouched and probably beat to chit. If anyone does upgrades to their boats there is no way they would accept nada pricing unless they are in a very tight spot.

Hell most of us have more $$$ into our motors than what nada lists for the whole boat. Take my Phantom. If someone wanted it for the nada recommended $15k i would have to strip it of the 700hp motor,drive, gauges, extension box, hydraulic steering and 380 tabs, etc first. Price how much it would cost to rebuild it to the current status and you have an idea why boats are priced what they are.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

From my experience with NADA, the manufacturer has to report the value of the older vehicles. That is how it was in the motorcycle industry. Now i cant remeber how many years that applies to and when there is just a general depreciation after that. It gives the manufactures graded slope of depreciation. For what true reasons, im not sure, since the price of boats is so high. In the bike industry it allowed manufacturers that sold overpriced custom bikes for 75k, to be able to say the two year old model was worth 60k, even though it truely was only worth about 30k, but you could still get a loan.

Quick Reply: NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.