Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami show vs Reailty (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203118-miami-show-vs-reailty.html)

BillR 02-15-2009 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quent (Post 2800101)
ScottB, Agree. I was especially surprised at the Donzi offerings. They have always been first class. For the most part, these weren't. Their smaller boat was especially not like Donzis that I've seen.

That's because if Donzi doesn't sell a bunch of boats this show, they are done. This Miami show is make or break for Donzi. Thus the down sized display from past years.

JIMKID Motorsports 02-15-2009 12:16 PM

I worked the skater booth and we hade a good turn out and more leads than i thought we would get so no complaints here

Donzi38ZR 02-15-2009 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by BillR (Post 2800508)
That's because if Donzi doesn't sell a bunch of boats this show, they are done. This Miami show is make or break for Donzi. Thus the down sized display from past years.

Bill,

Most chit-starters who spew uneducated statements out there for the sake of entertaining themsefls....

start out their diarrhea of the mouth/fingers comments by giving them-self's an "out" incase someone calls their Bull-Chit.... i.e

"I Hear from a close source of the company".... ( Insert BS here) ____________ or

maybe just "Rumor has it" ( Insert BS here)_______.

But you didn't even go that far... your getting lazy on me bro!!!

& I am calling your BULL-Chit-Out!!!!
take that crap somewhere else, you don't know JACK about Donzi or any other private held powerboat company's financial status and
your comment is just as above mentioned diarrhea.... SLIMY, EVEN YOU DONT KNOW HOW YOU GOT IT and IT REEKS OF CCHIT!!!

No company is going to invest into tooling and new products as much as Donzi has in the last few years to be made or broken by one show. PERIOD.
So even to the lammen your comment is see through... BS politics.

I'd like to point out Cigarette has a boat at the show with VINYL graphics (NOT EVEN A WRAP). maybe Cig is going outta business too? eh?

soak_it_n_cider 02-15-2009 02:54 PM

Spreading rumors of any company going out of business is good for no one. I agree if you don't have facts its best not to say anything at all.

ospreyproduction 02-15-2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR (Post 2800735)
..............I'd like to point out Cigarette has a boat at the show with VINYL graphics (NOT EVEN A WRAP). maybe Cig is going outta business too? eh?

Say it ain't so!!!! lol....lol....

Scott B 02-16-2009 04:50 AM

br's been spouting that for months.. One more board I need to put him on the ignore list I guess...

frogger1403 02-16-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports (Post 2800669)
I worked the skater booth and we hade a good turn out and more leads than i thought we would get so no complaints here

I work for Hustler's export outside the states and we had a nuch better show than expected.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-16-2009 08:16 AM

Sunsation sold that XRT 32 with the exotic dash/ scoops to a buyer in Venezuela.... XRT #2 is in production already.

From the pics it appears Skater and Nortech had the best cats.

VetteLT193 02-16-2009 08:28 AM

Donzi was downright embarrassing. Fit and finish horrible. They would have been better to not show up at all. We did the boat show run with Donzi classics, newest boat was 1997, and the fit and finish on all the old boats were better than the new ones. Maybe they should have had us bring our old boats to the show :eek:

The surprising company of the show: Baja. Fit and finish looked very impressive.

I was also impressed with a few cheaper boats. Banana looked hot, Sutphen looked hot too. both reasonable compared to the big names.