Notices

Miami show vs Reailty

Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quent
ScottB, Agree. I was especially surprised at the Donzi offerings. They have always been first class. For the most part, these weren't. Their smaller boat was especially not like Donzis that I've seen.
That's because if Donzi doesn't sell a bunch of boats this show, they are done. This Miami show is make or break for Donzi. Thus the down sized display from past years.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I worked the skater booth and we hade a good turn out and more leads than i thought we would get so no complaints here
Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BillR
That's because if Donzi doesn't sell a bunch of boats this show, they are done. This Miami show is make or break for Donzi. Thus the down sized display from past years.
Bill,

Most chit-starters who spew uneducated statements out there for the sake of entertaining themsefls....

start out their diarrhea of the mouth/fingers comments by giving them-self's an "out" incase someone calls their Bull-Chit.... i.e

"I Hear from a close source of the company".... ( Insert BS here) ____________ or

maybe just "Rumor has it" ( Insert BS here)_______.

But you didn't even go that far... your getting lazy on me bro!!!

& I am calling your BULL-Chit-Out!!!!
take that crap somewhere else, you don't know JACK about Donzi or any other private held powerboat company's financial status and
your comment is just as above mentioned diarrhea.... SLIMY, EVEN YOU DONT KNOW HOW YOU GOT IT and IT REEKS OF CCHIT!!!

No company is going to invest into tooling and new products as much as Donzi has in the last few years to be made or broken by one show. PERIOD.
So even to the lammen your comment is see through... BS politics.

I'd like to point out Cigarette has a boat at the show with VINYL graphics (NOT EVEN A WRAP). maybe Cig is going outta business too? eh?
Old 02-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spreading rumors of any company going out of business is good for no one. I agree if you don't have facts its best not to say anything at all.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
..............I'd like to point out Cigarette has a boat at the show with VINYL graphics (NOT EVEN A WRAP). maybe Cig is going outta business too? eh?
Say it ain't so!!!! lol....lol....
Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

br's been spouting that for months.. One more board I need to put him on the ignore list I guess...
Old 02-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
I worked the skater booth and we hade a good turn out and more leads than i thought we would get so no complaints here
I work for Hustler's export outside the states and we had a nuch better show than expected.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Sunsation sold that XRT 32 with the exotic dash/ scoops to a buyer in Venezuela.... XRT #2 is in production already.

From the pics it appears Skater and Nortech had the best cats.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Donzi was downright embarrassing. Fit and finish horrible. They would have been better to not show up at all. We did the boat show run with Donzi classics, newest boat was 1997, and the fit and finish on all the old boats were better than the new ones. Maybe they should have had us bring our old boats to the show

The surprising company of the show: Baja. Fit and finish looked very impressive.

I was also impressed with a few cheaper boats. Banana looked hot, Sutphen looked hot too. both reasonable compared to the big names.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
Skater booth was by far the best powerboat display there. They brought the hardware.

I stopped by to say high Jim, but you were out. Talked to Bruce. Nice guy. I have been scratchin a lot of LOTTO tickets since I left that booth.

Unfortunately for us though, nothing was more impressive than the in the water show. Those big yachts are amazing. Where does that money come from?

Quick Reply: Miami show vs Reailty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.