Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ilmor's new drive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203130-ilmors-new-drive.html)

Steet 02-16-2009 10:02 AM

Most impressive. I knew Ilmor would do their homework on this package and it was better that I expected. The drive robs less power from the engine than its predecessors. Pricing will be in line with Mercs. You will see these in a lot of other manufacters boats including Fountain in the very near future.
Can't wait to see what the hp is on their new engine late this fall. Only gets better. It was also noted that there was a very nice 42' Fountain in the Fountain booth with Ilmor power.

Panther 02-16-2009 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 2801204)
I think the coolest thing about this product, aside from its dry-sump transmission, is that Ilmor is going to offer it as a stand-alone product so it can be used with other builders' engines. Though it's been done with the NXT1 drive, Mercury Racing does not and likely will never sell the unit separately from the 700SC engine.

That's exactly what I was referring to in an earlier post!!! If/when there's huge success with this drive package, don't be surprised if we see the NXT sold seperately! Just a hunch...:ernaehrung004:

NASCAT 02-16-2009 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 2800163)
that's a lot of $$$$$

Mike I think the key word is RETAILS! Not to mention that the new Gen IV engin make more HP than the Merc package and you'll be able to buy the drive seperately later this year unlike the NXT.

NASCAT 02-16-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2800830)
Remove the plate on the back of the drive and the tie bar mount bolts in. It is also an inspection port for the drive.

And fill port for the drive oil!

Cash Bar 02-16-2009 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2801652)

Sorry I missed you. We talked a bit to Bob and Ian about your boat today.

One of these events we get a drink and talk shiit. :drink:

ILMORdude 02-16-2009 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2801652)

What you think there lil buddy??

ILMORdude 02-16-2009 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2801707)
Sorry I missed you. We talked a bit to Bob and Ian about your boat today.

One of these events we get a drink and talk shiit. :drink:

I can talk a bunch of **** :ernaehrung004:
What you think of everything Cash??

byrideroffshore 02-17-2009 05:37 AM

Hats off to all at Ilmor....Competition is great.....lets get it on the race course.......

NASCAT 02-17-2009 05:57 AM

I think evereyone knows what I think about Ilmor the company & the product having owned 2 boats w/ their engines! First Class Bar None! Ilmor now offers a stock turnkey power package that is unmatched in technology & ingenuity. I only wish I was ordering a new boat so it could be outfitted w/ a pair of Gen IV 725's & Indy Drives. I'll get there somehow, someway!

Cash we missed one another again! Damn it! JacksonvillePR??

I think post #6 & #28 sum it up!
Ilmor is Committed to Excellence NOTHING LESS!
The black & blue guys are really just riding the wave of their past accomplishments! Look what Ilmor has done since 2004, where do you think they'll be w/ another 5 yrs under their belt?? Hmm!

BUIZILLA 02-17-2009 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2801000)
I was blown away by the knowledge and patience of the reps.

I agree, of all the different booth's and people I spoke to Ilmor was the absolute best, most knowledgeable, noncondescending peep's in the tunnel... they are EXTREMELY confident in their product, and have no reason not to be... this is world class stuff right here... right down to the submarine aquadynamic testing theory...