Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My new boat needs graphics... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20318-my-new-boat-needs-graphics.html)

hoghead 03-17-2002 02:33 PM

Twinn29, KN... I understand what you're getting at. The more I look at the boat, I kind of like the white out thing. I don't know what I'm going to do just yet. A few cleat and bow light bezels, along with the platform may be enough for me. I'll have to take a look when I get them on.

Boating Fool... I just drove up to the lake to atake a look. It still is a bit low although there were alot of fishing boats heading out. Send me an e-mail before the week is out if you head down here next weekend. I'd love to come look at that new boat in person. If the weather isn't too bad, I'll take mine out!!:D

Mark in So. MD 03-17-2002 03:08 PM

hoghead,

i know i am a while away but i do that kind of stuff for a living at my shop. We could always work some agangement like UPS(we had done that) and me delivering it(i have done that on the way to seeing a relative). We do all the computer/design work and print it out to let you see it and approve it. We dont really do whole boats, maybe a couple a year, but we do hundreds of names and reg. numbers.

Keep in mind(prob. why we dont really do a lot of whole boat graphics), the vinyl will be much cheaper but will natually not last as long. Unless you wax it often, really often or keep the boat out of the weather. We normally use Avery vinyl but have used others at the buyers request. We have many many different colors to chose from and can match basically anything. There is pretty much three different quality of Avery vinyl that we use.

A3 is what you call a 3 year vinyl
A5 5
A8 8

Me personally, i would save up for someone to airbrush it or leave it whited out. Hope this helps.

Tigerlily 03-17-2002 04:10 PM

I'm glad you had second thoughts about the flames. A blank canvas is pretty hard to resist, especially when you are on the water & it looks like EVERYBODY ELSE has some totally killer graphics on their toys.

BUT the other side of that is that I have sometimes not appreciated an amazing machine because their paint was so LOUD that it was all I could "hear".

Just keep in mind, sometimes more isn't better.... it's just MORE:)

I can see putting some type of graphic on it...but you also want to let your boat do some of the talking;)

Boating Fool 03-17-2002 05:01 PM

It looks like the weather will be clear and mid to upper 50s with Sunday the warmest. Dad won't put a boat in the water. Just checked lake level. Forecasting 357 on Tuesday. It oughta be close to 358 by the weekend. If that the case you wouldn't have to worry about where to put in. KY Dam, Moors and big bear would all work. Put in at Big Bear last week(only place we could) and was nervous about it with the water being down. I will shoot you an email by weeks end. If you go out maybe you can give me a ride. The weather doesn't bother me.

packinair 03-17-2002 05:46 PM

Hog: Dave is up here in Toledo. It would be a little bit of a drive but if you want it done 1st class he is the man. just ask tizbad on here. there is a post from a few weeks ago "my latest paint job, just someting I threw togeather" or something close that shows some of his work.. Just my opinion but you have a really nice boat might as well spend the extra money over vinal to keep up with the Jones. Good luck with whatever you decide

hoghead 03-17-2002 08:01 PM

packinair...I saw that post the other day...that guy does great work. Toledo is a bit of a drive for me.

The more I think about it, I like the all white. I may just add the powdercoated cleat and bow light bezels, along with the powdercoated swim platform and leave it at that. I've seen other "white-out" boats before, and they've always looked good to me. Sometimes minimalism is enough.;)

Thanks for everyone's input.:)

Boating Fool....I'll be waiting to hear from you...If I take the boat out, I'll be glad to take you for a ride.

glassdave 03-17-2002 09:09 PM

tell ya what hoghead . . . i think your right, its a good looking boat in white. that things got some real agressive looking lines. looks like it means buisness :cool: heck at the very least you could spend a season with the boat in white, see how you like it . keep your eyes open for graphics on other boats to that you like and take pictures. it gives any potential graphics designer/painter somthing to go from (its some times tough to see in the owners head an makes developing a new graphic a little smoother) definetly a good looking boat though, man you gotta be looking forward to some seat time in that thing.

by the way will you be at cumberlands poker run in september. we will be there with a small armada of my work :D . we're bringing the ocean x from my last thread and packs alley cat along with a few others.

good luck, have fun :cool: :cool: :cool:

Whassup 03-17-2002 09:22 PM

nice boat I thought about buying that boat it was a steal, if I didn't live in NY and closer to Tenn. it would of been in my driveway and I would of been posting the same thread, I like the sunstion graphics of sort?? good luck! Phip spent alot of time to make those boat light and fast you'll love it!!

mama tryed 03-17-2002 09:49 PM

:D Hey Hog,, Great Looking Ride!!!!!!!! I'll be looking for you this year, on the Lake!!
Where do you live at? Peir 57, down in Tn. has a great Paint Operation going on!!!!! They can do anything , that you can come up with!! Flames are their speciality!!!! Its about a 2 hour drive, from here in Murray!! Ask for J.J.

:D Boating Fool, great Pic!!!!! I read the threads from this morning, and I might take you up on posting my Pics for me!!
You guys Cat,,
looks great ,, I am looking foward to seeing it in person.. It looks like its going to rain all, so your right, the water will be inching toward summer pool!!!!!!!

C-mon SPRING:D :D :D

Hot Boat 03-18-2002 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If you want Offshore graphics there is only one person you want to talk with. Ryan Beckley @ kinetic Animation. He dose phenomenal design and layout. Check out there web site http://www.kineticanimation.com/ I had him design the graphic for my Scarab. I do vinyl signs and lettering as a hobby but graphic design is not one of my specializes. Its best to have a pro design it for you. Ryan did all the design work and I did the tweaking, cutting and application. I just got finished applying the vinyl tonight and I still cant believe that it's the same boat. I will have some before and after photos in a few days. All I can do is show you a photo of what he designed all by via email. It came out even better than it looks on this photo. :D