If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    25 Talon
    Lake Murray / Chapin, South Carolina

2 Kicker L7 12" Subs VS. 4 JL M10IB5-4 10" marine subs

I have a bit of a decision to make here and I was hoping that someone could help guide me. First of all, I have a ton of space for a free standing enclosure in the back of my 25 Talon Center console but I was also thinking of mounting these new JL free-air subs in my console. If I built an eclosure for the back I would wrap it in fiberglass and paint it with Awlgrip so it was waterproof and looked like it was supposed to be in the boat.

I'm using 2 of the the big Memphis Belle Amps with is 1300 watts with 1000 watts dedicated to the sub channel stable at 1 ohm. I have two of these amps so there is plenty of power in the here's my question....

Use a sealed?? or vented??? custom enclosure with the Kicker L7 12" subs or use 4 of the The M10IB5-4 10" marine subs in the console (which is pretty big) but not air tight???

I also have 8 polyplanar 6x9's that will run off of the other 4 chanels of both Memphis amps.

Any suggestions or experience with either???
    Last edited by ospreyproduction; 02-15-2009 at 01:18 PM.

My Boats:
    37 Outerlimits
    Gaylord, Mi
    I  Voted
    For me I would use the 2 kicker in a sealed enclosure. Youlll have bass up the azz and sound good too. HWat is your goal? loudest boat on the sater or just a sweet system? You wont be the loudest but you will have a sweet set up with this.