Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Log Bay Day - From last summer (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203281-log-bay-day-last-summer.html)

Clustergear 02-17-2009 04:14 PM

Log Bay Day

Log Bay Day has been going on for a long time and there were no problems. A few years back a lot of younger teenagers started coming to the event, and there were a couple of big fights in the water and a lot of drunk 15 year olds and up. Glass bottle thrown around and broken Ever since then it has been patrolled to the max. Also a lot of people started hiking in from Shelving Rock. Log Bay has always been on Monday because there is not as many people around. It's always a good time but if you got a nice boat you'll have more fun if you hitch a ride on someone else boat. If you go and want to drink a lot make sure you bring someone who doesn't drink to drive your boat home because there will be more patrols in that area than you ever see on the lake. So like everything else it was a good thing till a few people ruined it.

TeamSaris 02-17-2009 06:55 PM

Yup, used to have a band and everything. They are looking for ANY exuse to over rule stuff these days. You have to be careful.

AO31 02-18-2009 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by magillacuddy (Post 2800967)
Finally put up a page from Log Bay Day last year: http://www.boatupstate.com/logbayday.html
(All incriminating evidence was left out, which is why out of 45 minutes of video, only about 5 minutes where post-able.)
This is in Lake George, NY. Its an annual raft-up type-deal that gets pretty crowded. It was a good time!

That scene is pretty much standard operating procedure on the chain any weekend of the summer:cool-smiley-027:

magillacuddy 02-18-2009 09:23 AM

This was the first year I attended, but its definately is a younger crowd (seems like most people over the age of 25-30 have a harder time getting out on the lake on a Monday due to jobs, ect), it got a little roudy, but the police presence certainly helps keep things in check.

Yup, used to have a band and everything.
A friend of mine's band (HalfStep) has played that party in the past, but I think that was several years ago.

Clustergear 02-18-2009 01:04 PM

When beer bottles and fist are flying, and when people are getting injured. Its usually the end of a good thing. Any body that was at the old parties when the band was there and knows no one was out there watching, wasn't until a few years ago when the problems started. To make matters worst it made the papers, before that most people living in the area didn't know about Log Bay Day unless they were boaters or worked on the lake. Still if you aren't doing any illegal on your boat no body will bother you. I have allways had a great time with freinds and meet a lot of new freinds at Log Bay day. Its a day were people you don't know will just tie up and start parting.

magillacuddy 02-18-2009 05:56 PM

Its a day were people you don't know will just tie up and start parting.
Thats what its all about!

TeamSaris 02-18-2009 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by magillacuddy (Post 2802813)
This was the first year I attended, but its definately is a younger crowd (seems like most people over the age of 25-30 have a harder time getting out on the lake on a Monday due to jobs, ect), it got a little roudy, but the police presence certainly helps keep things in check.

A friend of mine's band (HalfStep) has played that party in the past, but I think that was several years ago.

I know Juan, his son is in my band :drink:...btw im 15..that sounds creepy if u didnt know that lol

magillacuddy 02-19-2009 11:42 AM

I know Juan, his son is in my band
Small world. I used to be the drummer for Dr. Jah (that was about 8 years ago though, but they're still around) and we've done some shows with 1/2 step. Our Guitar player Pete was filling in for them for a while.