Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tempted to by Fountain Stock at this price (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203308-tempted-fountain-stock-price.html)

seafordguy 02-18-2009 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by sean stinson (Post 2803357)
Reggie isnt an idiot so I believe that the way he has everything structured he will have leverage to work with his creditors......

Yep - you can tell just from looking back at the last few statements that they are working with him.....

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 2803364)
The ST debt was ugly a long time ago. Kinda makes Reggie look like an idiot in a helicopter doing PR videos. $23 "million" in six months. Doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy over having him spend big bucks, while sales plunge 61%.

You do have to wonder when they get worried. I would want my money back, but the marketing/PR stuff is all part of maintaining an ongoing business, so there are definitely 2 sides to that coin....

VtSteve 02-18-2009 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2803372)
Yep - you can tell just from looking back at the last few statements that they are working with him.....

You do have to wonder when they get worried. I would want my money back, but the marketing/PR stuff is all part of maintaining an ongoing business, so there are definitely 2 sides to that coin....

It's fun and all that, especially for Reggie. But in reality, this is a company that produced gross profits that just don't justify the lifestyle, nor the stock price it had that previous three years or so.

It's a business. Shareholders that gave the company all that money to go public are pretty much bust, unless they were the first ones out. There are real companies to invest in, even today.

Cig35Mistress 02-20-2009 12:35 AM

I'm far from an investment expert, but did anyone else realize that the stock closed at $0.08 on Wednesday, yet Thursday's intraday high was $0.26? I'm kicking myself for not buying 62,500 shares yesterday (after reading this thread) for $5k, selling at $0.25 and recognizing a $10k + profit in 5-6 hours after the market opened . . . anyone else thinking the same? :cool:

klaw 02-20-2009 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress (Post 2804445)
I'm far from an investment expert, but did anyone else realize that the stock closed at $0.08 on Wednesday, yet Thursday's intraday high was $0.26? I'm kicking myself for not buying 62,500 shares yesterday (after reading this thread) for $5k, selling at $0.25 and recognizing a $10k + profit in 5-6 hours after the market opened . . . anyone else thinking the same? :cool:

Day trading is not for the faint at heart very tough way to try and make money

Cig35Mistress 02-21-2009 06:11 PM

My father and I used to day trade for years, after his first heart attack he couldn't go to the Bahamas to play blackjack, so he started playing the market instead. Did very well just watching CNBC and buying and selling whatever they were touting in the morning. Moral of the story, you are absolutely right, it's gambling and it's dicey at best!

I still think, and this is just my opinion, that it might be a worthwhile stock to day trade. As I said in my previous post, had I bought on Wednesday morning's open at eight cents, selling at a quarter . . . buying $5k again at nine cents on Thursday morning's open, selling at twelve cents and recognizing another $1600 gain. Monday, it should open at five cents again. Risky, but potentially profitable for a relatively small potential loss.

H

FunHome 02-22-2009 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by isellpower (Post 2801453)
You'll loose that 12 cents for sure. I'm an energy trader so our market is a little different, but the chance of a 12 cent per share company doing anything but filing bankruptcy is slim and none. The chance of a stock under $5.00 not going bankrupt is somthing like 10-15%. Drop to under a dollar and you're in the 1% or less chance of survival. He'll go Ch 11 and take it private. By by 12 cents.....

I've heard that he has wanted to go back to Private for some time now...

BUIZILLA 02-22-2009 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by FunHome (Post 2805783)
I've heard that he has wanted to go back to Private for some time now...

if he can't afford to buy it all for .08 and take it back private, then he's in more trouble than you think.. .08 isn't even the price of a stick of Double Bubble gum and you know how long that taste lasts..

Boater8987 02-22-2009 02:10 PM

Fountain Imfo

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...PB-944214.html

VtSteve 02-22-2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA (Post 2805791)
if he can't afford to buy it all for .08 and take it back private, then he's in more trouble than you think.. .08 isn't even the price of a stick of Double Bubble gum and you know how long that taste lasts..

Yeah, 8 cents doesn't sound like much, nether does the market cap. But right now, it's the rough equivalent of buying a car for $100, and owing hundreds of thousands to get that deal. Fountain has no equity, and owes a ton of money. They might make a profit next year.

Figure out how much debt there is, how much you expect them to make, or lose the next three years, then divide by the shares outstanding and tell me if it equals 8 cents or not.

Marginmn 02-22-2009 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress (Post 2804445)

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress (Post 2805573)
My father and I used to day trade for years, after his first heart attack he couldn't go to the Bahamas to play blackjack, so he started playing the market instead. Did very well just watching CNBC and buying and selling whatever they were touting in the morning. Moral of the story, you are absolutely right, it's gambling and it's dicey at best!

I still think, and this is just my opinion, that it might be a worthwhile stock to day trade. As I said in my previous post, had I bought on Wednesday morning's open at eight cents, selling at a quarter . . . buying $5k again at nine cents on Thursday morning's open, selling at twelve cents and recognizing another $1600 gain. Monday, it should open at five cents again. Risky, but potentially profitable for a relatively small potential loss.

H

Fountain trades an average of 5500 a day. It much too thinly traded for you to have been able to buy 62k shares low and flip them higher.

As for trading, like most professional careers it requires a combination of experience, hard work, and talent in order to to be successful. Most people who try it and fail lacked one, two, or all three of those characteristics.