If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    tulsa, oklahoma
    Pride will get you hurt. If I was in trouble and couldn't pay my bills, Than you bet that I would call a few people and tell them I need to dump something. Saying that you would rather keep your pride and go into bankrupcy.... what pride is there in that? I have NO problem keeping my 800+ credit score and let someone else get a good deal versus going to court and saying " I give". I am not much into the BAIL OUTS!

My Boats:
    98 ActiveThunder Tantrum
    marbury, md
    someone once told me
    " pride is like acid, the right amount can preserve... but too much can destroy....

Just about everytime I have bought something, I have asked why they are selling. I never thought of it as being a bad thing or not my business.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mike tkach's Avatar
    My Boats:
    31 american offshore,38 fountain fever

Thumbs up

I Think Rv Is Right,as A Buyer,one Should Be Concerned With The Condition Of Item,and A Price He Can Live A Seller,i Don,t Think Anyone Needs To Know My Financial Position.there Are A Lot Of Very Fair Deals On This Site Right Now,find What You Want,then Make Your Offer.then The Bullchit Is Over,if A Person Doesn,t Make A Realistic Offer,he Is Probibally Not Serious Anyway

Gold Member Gold Member Keytime's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1999 Checkmate 283 Convincor
    Derby, KS
    IMO, when you're looking at a boat, you're conducting a bit of an investigation of the product. We all know that all sellers are not forthcoming with information. I always ask why a person is selling because I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the boat and that can sometimes be a clue about it. My suggestion... if a seller doesn't like the question, give a BS answer that makes the boat sound better.

San Diego, California

Wink You Need My Boat!

PRIDE is sometimes a factor but with most boaters there is always the HOPE and sometimes a PRAYER that they will be able to get more for that boat and lifestyle they most likely love almost as much as life!
    They are HOPING they can sell it for more than they OWE and they are sometimes PRAYING that special buyer comes along a SAVES their ass and gives their BABY a good HOME!!
    Not to many things in life HURT more than having to give up something you LOVE for less than you think its WORTH!!

I've paid for to much EXPIERENCE!
    Ray @ Raylar

My Boats:
    32 SeaCraft
    Freehold, NJ
    Ray, that was very well put and true!

S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Richmond VA
    It was obvious to the person buying my last couple boats as to why I was selling...........the new boat was already sitting beside the one I was selling!!!!
    I tend to ask the same question.......but when I was buying cruisers strictly to clean up and re-sell, I always told them we were going bigger/smaller, etc. (never that I bought a repo boat to re-sell)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234