Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell?? >

How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

Notices

How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Or it could be the selling thinking he can still make a small profit before the banks take it away......

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Not that this matters, but I have no pride!

If you have a Cigarette and would like me to make your payments for you for this year and I get full use of the boat here in NJ and then you can have it back next year when things are better - I'll do it!

Since I have no pride it never hurts to ask silly questions(LOL)?

Seriously, I follow the moto of "your first loss is your best loss". You saw what was coming (unless you were blind), you know you couldn't afford the boat, should have dumped it a year ago. The longer you hold it the more it costs you, now your in deep trouble - oh well, take your losses and take them quickly however that maybe and move on because it only gets worse!

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 02-17-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder when the banks are going to LET people short sell so that the boats stay off repo lots therefore bringing a little more than they would there???

That would be better for them. They would get more for the dollar and not be a sales company too
Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
I've seen people throw money into a deal just to get rid of a note!As far as pride take the deal tell the truth the buyer will take care of you if the deal is right Better than loosing it

Everyones Reply's sound good..

Some buyers will take care of you..

But we go back the PRIDE issue...

I guess its easy to say when its not you... Things are always easier when it is not you...
Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Simple,
Because it's none of your business.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the buyer too. For example, I have helped negotiate bank loans down so seller's can sell without going upside down. The smart lenders are doing deals like that in order to resolve their own problems without being taken over by Barney Frank.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

[QUOTE=johnny g;2802148]
Originally Posted by rv
I cant stand when someone asks me "why are you selling?"
I just tell them, "because it's a POS, it's always breaking and I'm tired of dumping buckets on money into it". For some reason I can't seem to sell anything!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rv
I find this interesting. From a different angle of view... Why does a buyer need to know the financial aspect of the seller. Seems to me that the buyer should be concerned with the condition of the item being sold and determine a value based on that.
very good point, well said my man
Old 02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Not that this matters, but I have no pride!

If you have a Cigarette and would like me to make your payments for you for this year and I get full use of the boat here in NJ and then you can have it back next year when things are better - I'll do it!

Since I have no pride it never hurts to ask silly questions(LOL)?

Seriously, I follow the moto of "your first loss is your best loss". You saw what was coming (unless you were blind), you know you couldn't afford the boat, should have dumped it a year ago. The longer you hold it the more it costs you, now your in deep trouble - oh well, take your losses and take them quickly however that maybe and move on because it only gets worse!
really thats a great ideaor since you use a boat for 6months out of the year someone could rent by the month but you pay him for 2months 1 for use and one for winter that way you can use it all of july when its nice and he can have june or aug himself or rent it under the table. but joe that sounds great.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

[QUOTE=BajaFresh;2802346]
Originally Posted by johnny g

I just tell them, "because it's a POS, it's always breaking and I'm tired of dumping buckets on money into it". For some reason I can't seem to sell anything!
Thats some funny chit !

Quick Reply: How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.