Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Permier Performance Interiors & Sea System score again >

Permier Performance Interiors & Sea System score again

Notices

Permier Performance Interiors & Sea System score again

Old 02-19-2009, 12:01 PM
TEAM PPI

Here is a cut-away of a cushion with the Mitigator in it. The Mitigator reduces whole body vibration by 75%. Many of the ejector seats in the F18 Hornet fighter planes use the Mitigator in them. For more information got to:www.ppi-fl.com or www.seasgroup.com
Attached Thumbnails Permier Performance Interiors & Sea System score again-picture8.jpg  

Old 02-19-2009, 03:15 PM
my00b16si

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
The mitigator is a rubber cusion thats really soft and flexable and has a intricate pattern designed into it to absorb shock. The closest thing I could describe it as is one of the rubber matts with all the holes in it that factory workers stand on all day but the mitigator seems much more complex. Maybe one of the guys from PPI can elaborate better.
A ppi seat with a mitigator cushion = (Note.. he always has a smile on his face !) The mitigator tile is a very complex piece of rubber that is semi hollow almost like a honey comb. this is why it is so effective. Its always working. Its soft in the middle of the comb hard around the edges. The best part is harder you hit it the better it reduces impact. i.e. if you hit it at 1G it reduces in pact by 50% you it at 2g's it reduces shock by 75% 4G's 84%. unlike foam, the hard you hit it the worst your back hurts. so it only makes sence to use this in marine aplications. thoes numbers are not exact but very close to the real impact test results.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seas Systems web site has a ton of information, check it out.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Registered

Old 02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
TEAM PPI

FYI - We can also retrofit your current seat with the Mitigator. You can just send us the butt cushion & we'll take care of the rest.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:07 AM
T-Mone
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave
PPI installed the "mitigator" system in one of the seats of my friends 24 Pantera when we went down there for the worlds. It makes a HUGE difference. It definitely takes the shock out of the hard hits. It makes it feel like the seat is on a shock absorber. It should be in every boat that runs hard. I was skeptical until I tried it.
It was actually my boat that PPI installed this system into my seat. I had recently had PPI redo the interior in my boat last spring. I was towing the boat to Key West to watch the worlds and had told Jim that i was going to be coming through Sarasota. Jim had remembered that I had recentlly hurt my lower back, and informed me about the mitigator system. Well I figured I would give it a shot in one of my front sit down seats, and do a comparison from one seat to the other. Well as Dave mentioned above the stuff really works. It helps absorb the hard hits that send a shot through the spine and give you an overall better ride. I have now installed it in both front seats and am very happy with the product. Hats off to PPI, as I mentioned when the boat interior was first completed these guys are a first class operation and a pleasure to do business with. Thanks again, Anthony
Old 02-21-2009, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAM PPI
FYI - We can also retrofit your current seat with the Mitigator. You can just send us the butt cushion & we'll take care of the rest.
I have a 15 Boston Whaler Super Sport that I had the interior redone last year. Could I send you the 2 bench pieces and have you replace the foam with the Mitigator product? Sure would help my back after an afternoon with the kids.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:50 AM
TEAM PPI

Sure, no problem. Give us a call on Monday to go over all the details. 941-752-6271. You can also email us a pic to [email protected] so Jim has the picture when he talks with you. Look forward to working with you. You'll definitely love the difference of having the Mitigator Shock System in your seat. Your back will feel the difference.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAM PPI
Sure, no problem. Give us a call on Monday to go over all the details. 941-752-6271. You can also email us a pic to [email protected] so Jim has the picture when he talks with you. Look forward to working with you. You'll definitely love the difference of having the Mitigator Shock System in your seat. Your back will feel the difference.
Thanks. Will call Monday. Looking forward to seeing how different it is from foam.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Registered

I can tell you this, your neck and back will love it

Quick Reply: Permier Performance Interiors & Sea System score again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.