Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any 32 Doug Wrights with big power (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203488-any-32-doug-wrights-big-power.html)

skaterdave 02-19-2009 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 2804122)
The Silver Bravo boat is the one Grant Just finished....been being rigged for along time.

I am not positive but was told the Arneson Skater ran 155...I am sure Rik will know some numbers.

The speed thing is funny....everyone asks about my 24' which has stock motors and runs in the 90' but I sure ave outrun several 100+mph V-bottoms and cats in it.......

You've got a cool piece but it's just not for everyone. It's like trying to explain an SS boat to a big block V-bottom guy....until they go for a ride!

or your passing them !!!!!

jimdarr 02-19-2009 07:28 PM

Skater Dave, does your DW have the new tweaked bottom, would you change anything on it if you ordered a new one? in the thread on the new silver one, the guys at Grants said it would hit 135mph when dialed in with 600's.Ryan relax,.

skaterdave 02-19-2009 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jimdarr (Post 2804241)
Skater Dave, does your DW have the new tweaked bottom, would you change anything on it if you ordered a new one? in the thread on the new silver one, the guys at Grants said it would hit 135mph when dialed in with 600's.Ryan relax,.

the only i would have done different is NOT use grant. come one, every time that douchhhe bag rigs a DW, its the fastest. last time it was 131 or something with 525s, 'right out of the box'. like a said early top speed don't mean alot, i'd rather run 135 with my boat and get there the quickest.

as for the 'new bottom'. well i have to say that i actually did that myself before DW did. i had some input from another racer/rigger on setup and what to do to get the boat to run right. everyone said that what i was doing wasn't the right direction but it seems that now i must have been onto something, since its been done to the last 2 DW's ???

skaterdave 02-19-2009 08:01 PM

jim all you gotta do is throw some paint on mine.

Rik 02-19-2009 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by skaterdave (Post 2804104)
but where did the silver/bravo one come from ?? i never heard doug talk about that one?

as for dale's 30 w/arns. i never heard how fast it was. when you get over 140 it seems to take alot more effort and setup to squeze the mph out of the boat. maybe 150 in kilo setup, but what good is that if it takes a mile for the boat to come up to speed??

thats why i think its so funny when everyone wants to know the top speed. thats what jackass boy did to my boat originally. yea we got an okay top # but the boat sucked to do any thing else with. felt like we were dragging an anchor!!

Well, I can tell you it doesn't take a mile to get up to speed, it isn't a kilo setup and it seems to out accelerate the blower motor boats by far.

Screw the 140's you'd best be in the 160's to play.

jimdarr 02-19-2009 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 2804291)
Well, I can tell you it doesn't take a mile to get up to speed, it isn't a kilo setup and it seems to out accelerate the blower motor boats by far.

Rik, the 30 Skater with the 750's and your 7's runs in the 160's, damn that is strong, would of thought 150.

jimdarr 02-19-2009 08:54 PM

Dave, I like your boat, but really want one with the bustle and bigger pleasure cockpit, too cramped for me at 6'-5" and want to get at least 5 people in it,

skaterdave 02-19-2009 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 2804291)

hang on i had to get my hip waders, the BS is getting deep. come one, do you really wanna tell us that 750 n/a motors in a 30 skater runs 160 in normal everyday conditions. please maybe that kinda crap flies out in tha lakes agianst somekinda cat-trihull party boat thing. youe've been smoking some good stuff ????

Kevin1 02-19-2009 10:30 PM

Skaterdave, what the hell is your problem with Grant? He has rigged more Doug Wrights than anyone else and every single one of them was done TOP NOTCH. I'm sure of anyone on this site Ryan Beckley can attest to that. The last two 32' inboard Doug Wrights that were done at Grants did 120+ OUT OF THE BOX ON THE FIRST TEST. That's because the owners followed Grants advice with their build and in turn got a badass boat.

Then we have our skaterdave here that was in over his head from the get go. He brought a primered hull (the same way it still sits to this day) to get rigged along with motors built by someone who was CLUELESS about marine power, heat exchangers out of a 110' yacht and piles of junk used parts. THEN has the nerve to blame the setup not working on a guy who went out of his way to help you out and is a well known, respected rigger in the business. The Doug Wright bottoms were not changed in the newer boats because of what you did to yours, be real. I don't even want to hear about your supposed problems with the flywheels as they were not even done at Grant's. If you're gonna try to throw mud on someones name at least use facts.

Out of EVERY customer Grant has had you are the only one to say anything bad about him. It blows my mind that someone of your stature can sit behind a keyboard and talk **** but not approach Grant at the races to have a word with him.

Rik 02-19-2009 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by skaterdave (Post 2804380)
hang on i had to get my hip waders, the BS is getting deep. come one, do you really wanna tell us that 750 n/a motors in a 30 skater runs 160 in normal everyday conditions. please maybe that kinda crap flies out in tha lakes agianst somekinda cat-trihull party boat thing. youe've been smoking some good stuff ????

Your right, what do I know?