Notices

Another Cig wreck

Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Isn't this the boat? Toward the end of the video it looks the same shoreline the boat hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQzet...eature=related

Last edited by drypipetiger; 02-19-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! That is the dream powerboat of a lifetime!
Damn shame.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Not to say we have never had an issue but more than one step is the issue.

Bla, Bla! More than no steps, or one step like mine, and you're for sure in the drink, just floatin' trying to get your dumb a$$ to shore. Give me a F'n break. The dumb a$$ in the video suffered from a brain fart, or lack of a brain, got wet, and maybe won't find his stupid self in the same place again. Really is that simple here, fortunately it looks like no one was really hurt.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 02-19-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Steps or not, shouldn't Bulgarians know to wear their kill-switch lanyards like the Russians do! (Thanks, M.O.)
Were they w/o in the life jacket department too?
Next time they want to trash a great boat, I'll take the Cig and let them run my Proline up on the rocks...
c
ps: stupid ba$tard$
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Bla, Bla! More than no steps, or one step like mine, and you're for sure in the drink, just floatin' trying to get your dumb a$$ to shore. Give me a F'n break. The dumb a$$ in the video suffered from a brain fart, or lack of a brain, got wet, and maybe won't find his stupid self in the same place again. Really is that simple here, fortunately it looks like no one was really hurt.
Yeah, I retract my silly post. Damn foreigners.....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Yeah, I retract my silly post. Damn foreigners.....

No offense here either. Like they say .............. "You just can't fix stupid."

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone with the obvious brain power to come up with the coin to own one of these boats can be so lacking in the basic mentality required to learn how to drive the thing.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
Total design flaw and lack of manufacturer support for training. I do not agree that people should "just know" that this can happen, and, a boat should not lean outward when turning. PERIOD.
I would have to agree, design flaw !! and for that matter Mercruiser is to blame for putting alot of power in the boat to begin with, and what the hell does the prop shop have any business custom fabbing props for a boat that has flaws to begin with and power that is waaaay to big. and Lanyards... Lanyards should not be up to the owner/driver to have to worry about, Cigarette and all the other manufactures should be installing sensors in the cockpit floor so when the drivers leaves the seat the engines quit !
Come on people, don't keep putting the blame on a guy who has enough money to buy the boat but not enough brains to take the Tres Martin course.
I hope these manufactures take notice and do what is necessary to protect the rocks on the shores of Bulgaria !
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most, if not all stepped bottom boats are unstable... turning one hard over would be driver error. Lanyards on the other hand, should be worn at all times...no excuse for that one.
No one got killed and we all learned a bit more about safety...thats what. matters
Old 02-19-2009, 09:32 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't think a couple wet people in a race should make a lawsuit getting the wet ones rich.

Go fast, learn your lessons and stop blaming the other guy.

That is truly the American way.....

Not blaming and trying to suck money out of the entity that tried to help you.

Move on and learn.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Go fast, learn your lessons and stop blaming the other guy.

That is truly the American way.....
That way of thinking left this country long ago. Law suit law suit law suit is the mantra of the American these days. It's only going to get worse too...

Quick Reply: Another Cig wreck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.