Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203546-motor-damage-during-shipping.html)

Panther 02-25-2009 02:44 PM

Probably best to post stories after final results unless you're getting no where with the person and have to get the word out to get it resolved.

No offense to either party but when I see things like this it makes me not want to deal with "either" party in the future. :(

At the end of the day I think no one is going to be happy and words are going to be said that both sides don't really mean... This stuff really makes me not want to buy or sell anything on these sites anymore... :(

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-25-2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2808458)
Probably best to post stories after final results unless you're getting no where with the person and have to get the word out to get it resolved.

No offense to either party but when I see things like this it makes me not want to deal with "either" party in the future. :(

At the end of the day I think no one is going to be happy and words are going to be said that both sides don't really mean... This stuff really makes me not want to buy or sell anything on these sites anymore... :(

You said it ALL in your first sentence. And F.Y.I...We didn't buy or sell anything on this site that has to do with this thread.
We're just a consumer who paid good money & paid every bit of the bill to get what we wanted....didnt need the headache that came with it all (That was free of charge...Thank God for Grey Goose & Vicodin...that'll make it all better!):party-smiley-048: ThanX for your input Panther, Pinky:cheer:

Jigsaw89 02-25-2009 04:15 PM

Well said, Panther. Sometimes one or both parties are in the wrong and it takes an internet thread to straighten matters out. All that matters is that it gets worked out in the end.

Panther 02-25-2009 06:38 PM

I guess what I meant to say is only use internet is a last resort to attempt to get things squared away. Too often people, myself included, shoot from the hip and once things get on the net one party shuts down and may not want to make it right since their name is already tarnished. If it went to court they would ask if you gave a reasonable amount of time to let the party resolve it...

chit happens all the time... we've all had our fair share...sorry it didn't work out for you and hopefully those engines run better than anything you ever had cause that'll be the gratification! :)

RMPRam 02-25-2009 06:42 PM

It looks to me, from the pictures, that whichever party crated the motors is the one responsible for the damage and should, happily, pay for all damage. It does not seem to be any of Bill's fault. He did nothing wrong.

BraceYourself 02-25-2009 08:30 PM

Ok Ok, I guess I'm just getting less patient with people...

For gods sake the guy paid money to get engines rebuilt and extra to be shipped correctly. He recieved a mess and has now posted his side of the story and people are condemying him of making it public. If anything its made others aware of shipping problems. I used to never think of litigating anything but in todays world, ****it, deliver what you say or stand up. I've been hosed just like bill one to many times. I say throw the dice... Meaning he has nothing to worry about... I will spend 10 X in litegation to recieve what I was promised then to get ****ed...

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-25-2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 2808733)

For gods sake the guy paid money to get engines rebuilt and extra to be shipped correctly. He recieved a mess and has now posted his side of the story and people are condemying him of making it public. If anything its made others aware of shipping problems. I used to never think of litigating anything but in todays world, ****it, deliver what you say or stand up. I've been hosed just like bill one to many times. I say throw the dice... Meaning he has nothing to worry about... I will spend 10 X in litegation to recieve what I was promised then to get ****ed...

Jeremy....GREAT Minds Think Alike:ernaehrung004: Congrats on your new truck & Thanks for the Invite & we look forward to coming up to your place this Spring. We can go for a FAST ride, have a few drinks & forget about all this chit! Pinky:cheer:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-25-2009 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=sommerfliesby;2808125]So...I'm kinda clueless on this one...

U clueless:grinser010: Impossible .....

Signed the DREAMER

Panther 02-25-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 2808733)

I agree 100% but from what I can tell from reading the posts, it is/has been taken care of so the rest is just piling on.

Next!:drink: