Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203546-motor-damage-during-shipping.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jimdarr (Post 2804232)
depends on how much you insured the motors for, they will stand behind it if the damage is less than insured amount. Had it happen last year on a drive and once on a tranny, both times the shipper took care of it no problems because they were insured.

I insured them both as NEW Motors but its not the shippers fault and i would not even involve FED EX NATIONAL they did an awesome job even delivered at 7.30 at night .....:ernaehrung004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 08:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3 (Post 2804231)
NON-Legal answer:

Who's the shipper? Who paid for the shipping and were the contents of the crates insured? If your invoice from the engine seller includes the packing, crating, insurance, and shipping, then you have a reason to have further conversation. If you paid the transport company directly, then it could get dicey.

The value of further conversation really depends upon the extent of damage and estimated cost to repair.

Tom C

Mega I hired the shipper and i paid them , let me throw in a pic and another piece of the puzzle ... I also paid the charges to have my stands welded cause they wanted a brace across the bottom of the stands BUT they only put 1 bolt in each corner of the stand and the weight 1102 lbs was to much for 1 bolt and she tipped ...:mad:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2804235)
I had 2 blowers shipped and paid $300.00 for packing and shipping. When they arrived the flame arrestors where smashed and one of the blower noses were sticking out of the box. UPS denied the claim as they were packed in linen boxes with peanuts and the idiot I bought them from refused to pay.

That sucks i've been told for ups & fed ex package items to withstand being dropped from 5 ft ... :eek:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2804269)
In my business chit is always shipped in. If the carrier has signed off that all was good when they made the pick up and there is damage when it arrives at my door the carrier is on the hook for the damage. If they feel the material was not properly packaged that is their problem, or between them and the shipper, for sure not mine. Accepted with damage noted on the delivery papers, or refused due to obvious damages, the carriers problem, period. With material shipped on a company truck it is seldom an issue to get it made right, with a common carrier it can be a nightmare. I always refuse damaged goods on a common carrier, pizzes the driver off, but wtf, I'm not paying for broke chit, nor am I spending my time trying to straighten out their fock ups.

I'm not paying for broke chit, nor am I spending my time trying to straighten out their fock ups.:ernaehrung004:
My feeling exactly ....

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by klaw (Post 2804253)
hopefully you rejected the shipment or documented the damage and had the trucker sign it or you will be out of luck

Nope,Nope,Nope,Nope& Nope, and im thinkin if im **** out of Luck :eek: KARMA will take over :evilb:

Thnx Bro

jryan26 02-19-2009 08:14 PM

What a way to start the season...Not to mention your transom bolts! :eek:

HabanaJoe 02-19-2009 08:14 PM

Carrier has to have cargo insurance, if the engine builder doesn't want to help you out of remorse than you file claim with the carrier. Like was said here, carrier signs for everything in good order upon pickup and you recieved goods where the boxes or crates have visable damage on them and you signed the delivery bills as damaged you go against the carrier.

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jryan26 (Post 2804301)
What a way to start the season...Not to mention your transom bolts! :eek:

:eek::ernaehrung004:

10x 02-19-2009 08:16 PM

Bill, What was damaged ?? Ya know what they say.......... If ya want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad, but I've learned that alot lately. :rolleyes:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-19-2009 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe (Post 2804302)
Carrier has to have cargo insurance, if the engine builder doesn't want to help you out of remorse than you file claim with the carrier. Like was said here, carrier signs for everything in good order upon pickup and you recieved goods where the boxes or crates have visable damage on them and you signed the delivery bills as damaged you go against the carrier.

Hey Joe waz up ??? crates had NO visable damage on them
got the surprize next morning opening the shop to a puddle of OIL :eek: WTF