Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Notices

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Old 02-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
NON-Legal answer:

Who's the shipper? Who paid for the shipping and were the contents of the crates insured? If your invoice from the engine seller includes the packing, crating, insurance, and shipping, then you have a reason to have further conversation. If you paid the transport company directly, then it could get dicey.

The value of further conversation really depends upon the extent of damage and estimated cost to repair.

Tom C
Mega I hired the shipper and i paid them , let me throw in a pic and another piece of the puzzle ... I also paid the charges to have my stands welded cause they wanted a brace across the bottom of the stands BUT they only put 1 bolt in each corner of the stand and the weight 1102 lbs was to much for 1 bolt and she tipped ...
Attached Thumbnails Motor Damage During Shipping ??????-broke-oil-motor-004.jpg   Motor Damage During Shipping ??????-broke-oil-motor-005.jpg  
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by brian41
I had 2 blowers shipped and paid $300.00 for packing and shipping. When they arrived the flame arrestors where smashed and one of the blower noses were sticking out of the box. UPS denied the claim as they were packed in linen boxes with peanuts and the idiot I bought them from refused to pay.
That sucks i've been told for ups & fed ex package items to withstand being dropped from 5 ft ...
Old 02-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
In my business chit is always shipped in. If the carrier has signed off that all was good when they made the pick up and there is damage when it arrives at my door the carrier is on the hook for the damage. If they feel the material was not properly packaged that is their problem, or between them and the shipper, for sure not mine. Accepted with damage noted on the delivery papers, or refused due to obvious damages, the carriers problem, period. With material shipped on a company truck it is seldom an issue to get it made right, with a common carrier it can be a nightmare. I always refuse damaged goods on a common carrier, pizzes the driver off, but wtf, I'm not paying for broke chit, nor am I spending my time trying to straighten out their fock ups.
I'm not paying for broke chit, nor am I spending my time trying to straighten out their fock ups.
My feeling exactly ....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by klaw
hopefully you rejected the shipment or documented the damage and had the trucker sign it or you will be out of luck
Nope,Nope,Nope,Nope& Nope, and im thinkin if im **** out of Luck KARMA will take over

Thnx Bro
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a way to start the season...Not to mention your transom bolts!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Carrier has to have cargo insurance, if the engine builder doesn't want to help you out of remorse than you file claim with the carrier. Like was said here, carrier signs for everything in good order upon pickup and you recieved goods where the boxes or crates have visable damage on them and you signed the delivery bills as damaged you go against the carrier.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jryan26
What a way to start the season...Not to mention your transom bolts!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:16 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Bill, What was damaged ?? Ya know what they say.......... If ya want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad, but I've learned that alot lately.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
Carrier has to have cargo insurance, if the engine builder doesn't want to help you out of remorse than you file claim with the carrier. Like was said here, carrier signs for everything in good order upon pickup and you recieved goods where the boxes or crates have visable damage on them and you signed the delivery bills as damaged you go against the carrier.
Hey Joe waz up ??? crates had NO visable damage on them
got the surprize next morning opening the shop to a puddle of OIL WTF
Old 02-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
Bill, What was damaged ?? Ya know what they say.......... If ya want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad, but I've learned that alot lately.
Phuch ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad OH YEAH ....... Believe me BIG Daddy if i knew what it was gonna cost for the crates, packaging,putting the motors in crates, and this chit .. I dont even give a chit about the shipping charges... But for sure i would of sent the Bill Jr to pick them up

Call ya in the morn Frankie tooooo much G@@se today gunna hit the floor pretty hard

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-19-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: spelign

Quick Reply: Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.