Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203546-motor-damage-during-shipping.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2804692)
Just from the limited info I can gather here, if the crates didn't have a scratch on them, it wasn't the carriers fault. Trust me if a carrier usually tears up something you will know it, Forklift forks run through crates, crates smashed, and so on.

It appears to me the damage was due to poor packing????

However I got to be honest with you, those look like pretty expensive motors, I would have never sent them motor freight. :eek:

I would have never sent them motor freight.:eek:
Baja i have used FED EX National for transmissions,drives,motors, and theve done an awesome job ...i have in the past sent 598s with 1471s on a pallet with 2 ratchet straps and shrink wrapped with no problem ... when i was told have to be crated,have to be packaged,have to be set in crates and bolted,have to weld and refab engine cradles for the journey and pay the bill ...i would think i had not a worry in the world :ernaehrung004:

98Lex86us 02-20-2009 12:16 PM

Yes, I had damage to an engine. I bought an engine from someone. They had their shop crate and pack the engine in a mercury engine crate. The engine was shipped FedEx. Arrived at my mechanics. We opened the crate and the engine was completely off the mounts. The front of the engine was damaged. I sent pictures and called the seller to tell them about the problem. They said they would take care of. The quote for the damage was $2200. I contacted the seller who contacted Fedex. Fedex would only cover 50 cents on the pound since the seller didn't insure the engine. So, I got about $500. I contacted Fedex. They said they couldn't do anything else for me since the paper work was in the seller's name. They said contact the seller. I tried to contact the seller many times. He would not answer my call or emails. I looked into a small claims suit. The only issue was the seller was in another state and would cost to much money to persue.

getreal 02-20-2009 01:15 PM

I shipped a package to a customer with UPS, insured it for $10,000.00. The package was busted open and some parts were missing (everything was double boxed). UPS did an investigation then told me it was not their problem, I had to deal with their insurance company. The insurance refused to pay. I took UPS to small claims only for what was missing ($7,500.00), I won they case, UPS appealed, and the case went to superior court. The judge not only gave me what I won but another $2,000.00 punitive because of their aditute and wasting the courts time.

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by 98Lex86us (Post 2804733)
Yes, I had damage to an engine. I bought an engine from someone. They had their shop crate and pack the engine in a mercury engine crate. The engine was shipped FedEx. Arrived at my mechanics. We opened the crate and the engine was completely off the mounts. The front of the engine was damaged. I sent pictures and called the seller to tell them about the problem. They said they would take care of. The quote for the damage was $2200. I contacted the seller who contacted Fedex. Fedex would only cover 50 cents on the pound since the seller didn't insure the engine. So, I got about $500. I contacted Fedex. They said they couldn't do anything else for me since the paper work was in the seller's name. They said contact the seller. I tried to contact the seller many times. He would not answer my call or emails. I looked into a small claims suit. The only issue was the seller was in another state and would cost to much money to persue.

The only issue was the seller was in another state and would cost to much money to persue.:mad: I here ya BIG Daddy but KARMA is a B!@TCH :eek:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2804235)
I had 2 blowers shipped and paid $300.00 for packing and shipping. When they arrived the flame arrestors where smashed and one of the blower noses were sticking out of the box. UPS denied the claim as they were packed in linen boxes with peanuts and the idiot I bought them from refused to pay.

idiot I bought them from refused to pay:rolleyes:
NOT GOOD .....

I just Sold some blowers to a OSO brutha and they were taken off the dyno by the same engine bldr and boxed and shipped to Pampano Beach Fl upon arrival to buyer i was informed that blower was missing teflon and in need of help.. I am eating the 400.00 tab to re-fresh & restrip and was never informed before boxing & shipping but still gotta make it right... Gotta treat people like you would want to be treated , not take there $$$$$$ and not take calls, or return them ..thats PIZZ POOR business:p

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2804656)
Damn,,,u whant me to get it back forya ?

OY YEAH ................. we'll have to drive you know they have metal detectors in Airports now ....:ernaehrung004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by daredevil (Post 2804418)
$hit,,,,don't tell me my motor leaks ?????

If u need me ,,let me know !:angry-smiley-038:

Thnx Scott and as you mentioned earlier i had nothing to do with packing,or crating, just paying the bill ...and 24 hours +plus for a return phone call is un called for .... I'll keep ya posted BIG Daddy gonna drop her off at ATECO a Local shop thats 40 mins from me and he can get her fixed back up again for me so she can be put back where she belongs back in the SKATER ....:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

mmareno 02-20-2009 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2804810)
idiot I bought them from refused to pay:rolleyes:
NOT GOOD .....

I just Sold some blowers to a OSO brutha and they were taken off the dyno by the same engine bldr and boxed and shipped to Pampano Beach Fl upon arrival to buyer i was informed that blower was missing teflon and in need of help.. I am eating the 400.00 tab to re-fresh & restrip and was never informed before boxing & shipping but still gotta make it right... Gotta treat people like you would want to be treated , not take there $$$$$$ and not take calls, or return them ..thats PIZZ POOR business:p

I just sold a pair of 540/600hp motors out of my boat.. A marine mechanic helped with the deal.. He wrote some papers for us saying that I would be responsible until he did a compression and leak down.. I agreed... We pulled the motors and dropped them off. About a week later he told me two valves were leaking. Compression perfect accross the board. I told him to send all the heads out and have them gone through.. The motors have 22 hours on them..

The new owner was alittle "Miffed".. I told him that I am having both motors looked at.. The machine shop said he could do a 3 angle valve job and something else.. The marine mechanic called me ( middleman in the deal). I called the machine shop myself. Gave them my credit card.. Told them to call me when it was complete but to put the tab on that card and order new gaskets for the guy. Told the mechanic to let me know what he wants to put the heads back on the motor to get them back to square one..

Got a email for the new owner of the motors today:

THANKS..................... THANKS.......

FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Thats all it said.... You gotta do right by people or it will come back ONE day... Maybe not anytime soon but ONE day it will come full circle... World is too small...

You will get your day... ONE DAY... But you will get it!!

Good luck!!

10x 02-20-2009 06:31 PM

Bill, I've seen the pic, I see the oil, but where is it coming from ??? Did a fitting break? or what? Where's the oil coming from ? Can't tell from your pic.

If it's a line or fitting, or something fairly simple, give me a call, I'll stop by and help ya get er fixed up. I wanna hear them bad boys run in that Skater.........BIG DADDY !!! :evilb:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2804977)
I just sold a pair of 540/600hp motors out of my boat.. A marine mechanic helped with the deal.. He wrote some papers for us saying that I would be responsible until he did a compression and leak down.. I agreed... We pulled the motors and dropped them off. About a week later he told me two valves were leaking. Compression perfect accross the board. I told him to send all the heads out and have them gone through.. The motors have 22 hours on them..

The new owner was alittle "Miffed".. I told him that I am having both motors looked at.. The machine shop said he could do a 3 angle valve job and something else.. The marine mechanic called me ( middleman in the deal). I called the machine shop myself. Gave them my credit card.. Told them to call me when it was complete but to put the tab on that card and order new gaskets for the guy. Told the mechanic to let me know what he wants to put the heads back on the motor to get them back to square one..

Got a email for the new owner of the motors today:

THANKS..................... THANKS.......

FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Thats all it said.... You gotta do right by people or it will come back ONE day... Maybe not anytime soon but ONE day it will come full circle... World is too small...

You will get your day... ONE DAY... But you will get it!!

Good luck!!

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ernaehrung004: