Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203546-motor-damage-during-shipping.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-20-2009 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2804992)
Bill, I've seen the pic, I see the oil, but where is it coming from ??? Did a fitting break? or what? Where's the oil coming from ? Can't tell from your pic.

If it's a line or fitting, or something fairly simple, give me a call, I'll stop by and help ya get er fixed up. I wanna hear them bad boys run in that Skater.........BIG DADDY !!! :evilb:

Eickert pump/pan/broken Oil tube ...:mad:

OH THEY WILL RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10x 02-20-2009 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2805028)
Eickert pump/pan/broken Oil tube ...:mad:

OH THEY WILL RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy $hit BIG DADDY !!! No wonder you're so pizzed off, I'd be too. :eek: Well, so much for the idea of changing a fitting. :rolleyes:

AIR TIME 02-20-2009 11:02 PM

wow that bad, if its the builder call him out if he boxed everything up.:mad: did the pics show up I didn't understand your last post on the other thread, I just should of over nited it:rolleyes:. I was hoping you would like the pic of the ol sample rug. Igot to get a skater/cig/baja done just spend the money to make the samples and if I never sell a cockpit rug or cabin I will have nice wall hangings for the barroom or tv room or game room one them since they all need to be redone:p. but keep us posted how you make out let me know if you have or have not goten it yet. Isent it 3day I thought.

Young Performance 02-20-2009 11:02 PM

Bill,
I ship all of my engines with Fedex Freight and they have been great. If the crate isn't damaged, it falls on who packaged it. It should have been secured better. You should see my crates. They are damn near bulletproof. They have to be with these shipping companies.
I shipped a pair of engines to Ca. with Bax Global. They put a forklift fork through the side of the crate and through the valve cover. Pieces of the valve cover made it down through the heads and into the lifter valley. From there some pieces went all the way to the pan. It was a 598 ci with 2.3 quadrotors. I had to remove the blowers and intake, oil pan, etc to clean it all out. I was still a nervous wreck that I didn't get it all. I flew to CA. to do it. I had it sent to a local shop and I flew out to fix it myself. Bax only paid for the valve cover. They would not pay any labor to fix it. The cover was the only actual broken part.However, it cost me a couple grand to fix it.(plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc) They were insured for 30K each since that was Bax's maximum. I got about $300 from them for the cover. Needless to say, I never shipped with them again. Sorry for your trouble. Call me if I can help in any way. Good luck.
Eddie

thunderusone 02-20-2009 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2805155)
Bill,
I ship all of my engines with Fedex Freight and they have been great. If the crate isn't damaged, it falls on who packaged it. It should have been secured better. You should see my crates. They are damn near bulletproof. They have to be with these shipping companies.
I shipped a pair of engines to Ca. with Bax Global. They put a forklift fork through the side of the crate and through the valve cover. Pieces of the valve cover made it down through the heads and into the lifter valley. From there some pieces went all the way to the pan. It was a 598 ci with 2.3 quadrotors. I had to remove the blowers and intake, oil pan, etc to clean it all out. I was still a nervous wreck that I didn't get it all. I flew to CA. to do it. I had it sent to a local shop and I flew out to fix it myself. Bax only paid for the valve cover. They would not pay any labor to fix it. The cover was the only actual broken part.However, it cost me a couple grand to fix it.(plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc) They were insured for 30K each since that was Bax's maximum. I got about $300 from them for the cover. Needless to say, I never shipped with them again. Sorry for your trouble. Call me if I can help in any way. Good luck.
Eddie

I have a saxaphone that I need to ship to this guy that used to blow the reeds out of it driving all the chicka's crazy. Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment. It is a very expensive sax....ported and polished with inconel exhaust thingys on the main body.:eek::evilb::party-smiley-004:

Coolerman 02-21-2009 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 2805169)
I have a saxaphone that I need to ship to this guy that used to blow the reeds out of it driving all the chicka's crazy. Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment. It is a very expensive sax....ported and polished with inconel exhaust thingys on the main body.

wtf, drunk posting? :evilb: :evilb: Ya know, if you are blowing the reeds out of it, your wood isn't hard enough!! :party-smiley-004:

This one time, at band band camp...... :drink:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-21-2009 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2805155)
Bill,
Eddie

Thnx Eddie , well that sounds like a phuched up mess they created for you :mad: never had anything that bad did get a bravo drive delivered from Donnie Carter with a busted skeg /prop shaft, and forklift tire marks over the box ... he sent another one same day and said he got a check for the broken one too. Out of town till monday will give you a call then ,called you last friday the 13th and left a message :ernaehrung004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-21-2009 08:04 AM

[QUOTE=thunderusone;2805169]I have a saxaphone that I need to ship to this guy that used to blow the reeds out of it driving all the chicka's crazy. Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment. It is a very expensive sax....ported and polished with inconel exhaust thingys on the main body

Can you recommend a crating design/arrangment for this time sensitave shipment.???
Packed gently between your AZZ cheeks :eek::evilb:LMAO

Are you bored up there in Rotor shuefling Tenn ??? No nice knockers & puzzy up there :rolleyes:
This started out a very very Serious post:ernaehrung004:

RunninHotRacing163.1 02-21-2009 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2805147)
Holy $hit BIG DADDY !!! No wonder you're so pizzed off, I'd be too. :eek: Well, so much for the idea of changing a fitting. :rolleyes:

Phuch that fitting :grinser010: if it was that Frankie she'd be in the boat already and runnin on the hose,and i'd call you and let you listen to it .. LMAO :eek:

Put the bottle down now :ernaehrung004:

AugiePensa 02-21-2009 08:13 AM

With my family being in the moving and storage and rigging business since 1923 I can tell you ALL the packing in the world you PAID for don't mean $hit if you didn't put a "VALUATION" on the shippment! What this means is the company doing the shipping IS NOT an insurance Company, they are The Carriers, they can't sell you insurance BUT they CAN sell you VALUATION (Same thing, different words). Now, in order to be covered you MUST cover the entire shippment for "THE TOTAL VALUE" meaning 100% of what those engines cost you to replace so you would have wanted "TOTAL VALUE REPLACEMENT VALUATION". Any questions call me, Augie, 201-665-1033. The shipping Company should have told you all this up front. Bad Bussiness