DO TELL...
Long version or short version?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anchor
Long version or short version?
Long version... I can appreciate a good story.
Quite a few good ones going around right now...
Let her rip...
Regards
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbonepmp
Long version... I can appreciate a good story.
Quite a few good ones going around right now...
Let her rip...
Regards
I heard about the boat being for sale on Ebay from this site. I sent an email to the Ebay lister on friday morning 2/20 asking if the boat was available. I also established contact with a third party who knows the owner. Since I am on the east coast nothing happened till around lunch time.
I found out the the boat was sold however owner was waiting on payment. I got a call saying that a check had arrived for the boat but it was a personal check and that as far as the owner was concerned the boat was still for sale until he had funds in hand. Cashiers check or wire would be instant he would have to wait for the personal check to clear. At this time I was dealing with the third party who was calling the owner directly. During this time I continued to get e-mails from the Ebay lister that the boat was available and they kept dropping the price. I ended making an offer that was accepted. I went and got a cashiers check for the agreed amount and typed up a simple buyers agreement. A copy of the check and buyers agreement were sent to the owner. Funds were verified. We agreed that I would be at his shop on Monday morning 2/23 to survey the boat. The owner was in Las Vegas as I am sure most of you know that is where his business is. He agreed to have titles and signed buyers agreement in California to finalize the deal once I had surveyed the boat. I bought a ticket, booked a car, booked a room and set up for a mechanic to meet me Monday 9:00 am.
Showed up @ 8:30 to look at boat, met with the shop manager who knew I would be there. BTW- nicest bunch of guys, couldn't be more helpful. Started checking out the boat. We finished up a little after lunch, paid the mechanic he left and I called the person I was dealing with told him I was ready to do the deal. This is when the fun began.
I am not trying to be a d****, but I have to finish this later .....got to pick up the kids
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Registered

Yow, this should be enteraining...
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be continued....
Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 2,956 Likes on 981 Posts

I heard about the boat being for sale on Ebay from this site. I sent an email to the Ebay lister on friday morning 2/20 asking if the boat was available. I also established contact with a third party who knows the owner. Since I am on the east coast nothing happened till around lunch time.
I found out the the boat was sold however owner was waiting on payment. I got a call saying that a check had arrived for the boat but it was a personal check and that as far as the owner was concerned the boat was still for sale until he had funds in hand. Cashiers check or wire would be instant he would have to wait for the personal check to clear. At this time I was dealing with the third party who was calling the owner directly. During this time I continued to get e-mails from the Ebay lister that the boat was available and they kept dropping the price. I ended making an offer that was accepted. I went and got a cashiers check for the agreed amount and typed up a simple buyers agreement. A copy of the check and buyers agreement were sent to the owner. Funds were verified. We agreed that I would be at his shop on Monday morning 2/23 to survey the boat. The owner was in Las Vegas as I am sure most of you know that is where his business is. He agreed to have titles and signed buyers agreement in California to finalize the deal once I had surveyed the boat. I bought a ticket, booked a car, booked a room and set up for a mechanic to meet me Monday 9:00 am.
Showed up @ 8:30 to look at boat, met with the shop manager who knew I would be there. BTW- nicest bunch of guys, couldn't be more helpful. Started checking out the boat. We finished up a little after lunch, paid the mechanic he left and I called the person I was dealing with told him I was ready to do the deal. This is when the fun began.
I am not trying to be a d****, but I have to finish this later .....got to pick up the kids

Here, I think I can see where this is going....

You go to get the boat and the owner sold it to the first guy.

That does suck balls.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM
MES
Registered

This is definitely interesting since I bought it on the 18th of February, have CG bills of sale signed and notarized, a regular bill of sale from Ed, confirmation that he received the funds. Then I am told he sold the boat for more money to someone else. The only question I have is how many people did he sell the boat to? I am still waiting for my $$$ to be returned.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MES
This is definitely interesting since I bought it on the 18th of February, have CG bills of sale signed and notarized, a regular bill of sale from Ed, confirmation that he received the funds. Then I am told he sold the boat for more money to someone else. The only question I have is how many people did he sell the boat to? I am still waiting for my $$$ to be returned.
Wow!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MES
Ya, what the heck
Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered

This thread could get good.

Quick Reply: Herbst Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.