Notices

Saber Boats

Old 03-15-2002, 11:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saber Boats

Don't know much about them, even though they are made close by..... I see a couple owners on the site....

Do they have web site? What models do they make, I see the 28 and 41, but any others?

How many do they make each year? Just curious, don't hear much about them. Where are they based exactly?

Really don't know anything about them and trying to get more edumacated on them.

Mark
Old 03-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Registered

32Fever, I'm with you. I looked for a website and more information on them a while back and couldn't find ****. They sound pretty well respected on here.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SABER MARINE

Hey guys,
No website for Saber yet.... don't know that their interested in that currently ( too busy building boats)... They are a small shop and build a true CUSTOM boat..... just look at mine and "flt decks" they came thru the shop one right after another and TOTALLY reflect the customers preference. They will do whatever you want and are priced reasonably as well.

There has been alot of spirited talk on here resently about various builders and the ones in question make nice boats for sure. I have owned 3 Sabers so far and would compare them to any vee bottom out there....they build a boat that will run thru the rough stuff with or better then all their competition.... There are probably quite a few of you out there that got "Buzzed-Bye" by that little yellow 28 at various pker runs over the last several years ......

Anyways .... Saber's # 616-837-6442
or feel free to call me anytime with any questions you may have.
#440-257-6042 Jerry McConnell

Last edited by LEOPAJM; 03-15-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-15-2002, 11:55 AM
BuzzinBye!

I have a 1994 28' Saber. Saber Marine consists of 2 brothers, Jim and Doug Geelhoed. They have been building boats since the late 80's and produce a very small number of boats per year. They do not have a website, all advertising is word of mouth. They used to advertise in Powerboat Mag, thay also had a couple boats tested. The 1994 28' that I own won the 1994 Offshore Performance award for that year (the first boat to do so under 30 feet). They do own the 41 Apache mold and have produced 3 of these boats under the Saber name, all three of which are incredible boats. Two of the 41 owners are on this site, and two 28' owners. We all boat on southern lake erie between monroe MI and Cleveland, Ohio.
Saber builds very solid and well constructed boats and has very good factory support. If fact I bought my 28 used from leopajm and receive the same kind of servicee that any of the new owners get. You cannot beat that. There boats are produced just outside of Grand Rapids MI.

Old 03-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Registered

Do you guys have any pics of your boats? I would love to see more of these boats. Thanks. James
Old 03-15-2002, 12:03 PM
BuzzinBye!

Here's some pics. also have some in the classified ads

Last edited by BuzzinBye!; 07-18-2002 at 01:25 PM.

Old 03-15-2002, 12:05 PM
BuzzinBye!

more
Attached Images  

Old 03-15-2002, 12:07 PM
MIdnightRider

Coopersville, MI, You would pass it on your way to Grand Haven just off the Highway on the South side. I saw a yellow 28 with twins for sale this week in someones front yard here in Grand Rapids, MI. If anyone is interested I could get the number from the sign. Oh, and I know that they did introduce a 34, I think it was last year. Midnight

Old 03-15-2002, 12:11 PM
BuzzinBye!

Thanks Midnight I could not remember the town name, They used to be in Comstock ParK. Yes they did introduce a 34 and It was very cool looking. They just haven't had anymore orders for them yet.

Dan

Old 03-15-2002, 12:12 PM
BuzzinBye!

another picture
Attached Thumbnails Saber Boats-saberenginesj.jpg  

Quick Reply: Saber Boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.