If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    2006 35 Nordic Flame
    Long Beach, Ca.

Boat Cover

Hey Hot Duck,

What did you pay for your cover on the 39? - I'm just trying to get a budget put together....

My Boats:
    2002 292 Fastech
    I'm curious as to price as well? What kind of deal can we get, were in a recession you know.

Gold Member Gold Member
    Give us a baseline. What is the approximate cost for one of those mentioned above? Say the Gladiator for example.

My Boats:
    Ilmor Outerlimits
    Bristol, RI
    Interested as well. How good are these covers keeping water out from rain? decent?

Lynch Mob Racing Platinum Member Hot Duck's Avatar
    My Boats:
    39' Cigarette Top Gun, Donzi 22 Classic, 36 Yellowfin
    Ocean City, MD
    Every boat will be different depending on material and man hours, but I believe I have around 5K in that full cover. They made that and some other stuff for me at the same time, but I am pretty sure the big cover was 5K. I know that sounds like a lot of money and it is, but it protects the boat extremely well and is a lot cheaper than building a garage. Besides, a garage can only protect the boat at home and doesn't do it any good while traveling or out of town. Also consider what a paint job costs now and it doesn't seem so bad.

The covers are padded underneath and are heavily reinforced where needed. They do a great job at repelling water. I like the fact that the boat is protected from the weather and road debris (stone chips) while traveling. It also adds a level of security because it takes a few minutes to get inside the boat with the cover on. It could send a crook looking for an easier target. What I like most though is that you can clean the boat at home before hitting the road and no matter what weather you travel through, the boat is just as clean when you arrive where you are going as it was when you left home.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

My Boats:
    02-39' Kryptonite , 03-Gladiator and she's a bad MF'er
    Ocean CITY, Md

Thumbs up

They have been doing all my stuff for the last 19 years there is no one better.

Platinum Member Platinum Member ROTAX454's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1998 Awesome 31 Thundercat
    Riverview, Michigan
    The Sunbrella product called sunbrella supreme. It has the durable outer layer with a soft under layer. The final product was nothing short of fantastic. No more stone chips from trailering. Here is a link:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ROTAX454; 02-27-2009 at 06:57 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123