Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is this ActiveThunderOnly.com??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20381-activethunderonly-com.html)

ScreaminDemon 03-18-2002 01:41 PM

now i have seen/read everything!

sean - actually, i think its neat to see how a company can create such a following and grow right before our eyes. i have seen some serious loyalty from the owners, but there must be a reason. most of it appears to be in defense of the product when others attack the manufacturer and their history. why does this bug you, isn't that what people on this board come here for, to read up on the experiences and opinions? or did you prefer this board when all the jerks were posting profanity?

Sean 03-18-2002 01:44 PM

Ike knows what I'm talking about...

Anyway, I always get along...

Oz, I'll give ya a shout

Indy, thanks for the support! I'd like to sell the boat, but if I gotta keep it, I'll have fun with it for another couple of summers!

Jassman 03-18-2002 02:06 PM

First of all Sean, the thread was fine and informational, until WORLDCHAMPIONCIGARETTE was being a horses ass, and sent a email to me from a disguised address, from Miami, same one I got about 6 months ago when I ordered my Thunder. I call it like it is, and dont b.s., nor do I slam other manufactures, unlike a few of you guys on the Cigareete site. You guys have your point of view, and we have ours, the difference is we have been in your boats, and very few of you guys have been in ours, the Poker Runs will prove out. We all know that Cig makes a fine boat, I dont argue that, Ive been on many, but they have also had their problems, just like every other manufacturer. Bottom line the board is for info, comradery, fun, poker runs, and stuff that takes a little stress out of our lives. It sure would be nice if we could all play as adults, its much better having friends on this board than enemies. :) Good Luck to you Cig guys and gals, along with everyone else on this board, except W.C.Cigarette, I know who you are now, and I hope you fold.:p

dyno 03-18-2002 02:22 PM

everyone is intitled to an opinion... but whats with the new add in powerboat....AT calling themselves the Scatter of V-bottom....come on thats pushing it!

ActiveThunderTodd 03-18-2002 04:03 PM

Sean,

I would really like it if you would find an exact quoate where an AT owner has bashed another boat brand. I think you will find that every AT owner on here has said how great each of the other brands are and that the choice is up to what the individual wants in their boat. Cigs, OL, Formulas, Huslers, Fountains and all the rest are all fine machines. Anyone would be lucky to own any one of these boats. I think forums like this only make each one of the boat maufacturers stand up and take notice of what the customers really want.

Us AT owners can't help it if there isn't the same enthusiasm among the other boat brand owners as there is with us. That shouldn't mean that the rest of you should bash us because we are totally sold on our boat as well as we're sold on the owners of the company who stand behind their product.

Support your boat brand, don't rip us for supporting ours.

Todd

ActiveThunderTodd 03-18-2002 04:08 PM

And if you had read the ad clearly...its not Active Thunder calling themselves the Skater of V bttoms it is a Skater owner himself. Mark House has ownerd and raced Skaters for years and this was his quote, not the company's. AT just used what a Skater owner felt about their product when he was looking for a V bottom. Please get your facts right.

Jassman 03-18-2002 04:12 PM

Dyno, its: (SKATER of V Bottoms):p If they were saying that about Sonics, you'd probably not have a problem with it, hey, take care bud:D

32fever 03-18-2002 04:24 PM

I figured I'd post this in this thread so it gets seen :)

nothing bad to say about AT or any other boat, and I think it's just enthusiasm of guys that wanna come to a site and talk about the awesome boats they are having built. I'm sure guys are buildling Cigs, OL, Bajas, and Fountains, etc, but just lurking instead of posting. Although I think AT must give them discounts for # of posts, that may be it.. LOL! The only drawback is they do sometimes speak as if they've owned them for a while, and they haven't. Great boats, but maybe people are reading and "assuming" maybe some have own them for a while. Can't argue with what Mark House has to say, though. Anyway, again, nothing bad to say, just observations. The other thing is though, they all offer rides, too. MAybe we should all take them up on it. Let's see 4000 people, 4 passengers per boat...1000 rides. They'll go bankrupt from the gas expenses. LOL If only they werew closer to me, I'd take them up on it:)

The only thing I've seen lately that has bothered me about the company is the new AT logo. Looked at the Monsoon boat, and while I LOVE the paint scheme, the oval logo thing on the rear side of the boat is a little too much. come on AT. Let's be original. HOw about anything but an oval like Cig and Outerlimits? Really disappointing.

Mark

Sean 03-18-2002 04:30 PM

Hey Todd,

If you know me like those here who do, you'll know that I don't usually go off half-cocked without being able to back myself up. That being said, why don't you check out the Apache owner's forum before trying to call me out on something.

This Active Thunder bandwagon has become tiresome. I believe in supporting one's choice in boats but you guys talk about AT like it's the best thing to come along since sliced bread. Put an AT next to a Sonic and unless they have their signature paint schemes, you wouldn't be able to tell them a part...there's nothing revolutionary about AT...The inflated claims of running in 10-12 footers are just ridiculous and exagerated claims of being the fastest V-bottom on the water are just as ridiculous.

You guys will do just about anything to pump AT...go back an look at the Cigarette/AT thread(setting aside the worldchampioncigarette comments)---Gordo starts talking about how many wins he's had in his F-1 boat and while that's great and we're all proud of him, what benefit did it have for those trying to chose between a Cigarette and an AT---NONE.

Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Advantage_Rob 03-18-2002 04:42 PM

Man, this is better than watching a pro ping pong competition!!!!:p ;) :D