Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? >

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Notices

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Old 02-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

MOTOR DAMAGE DURING SHIPPING .... anybody experienced any damage to there stuff while in transit due to the way things were packaged and crated and sent on there merry way for a 2000 mile journey ???? So who eats/ate the damage ??
thnx

Keep in mind I paid to have the crates built, paid charges for packaging,paid charge to put motors inside crate .... Lets hear your stories..

I'm holding off on names & pictures givin the chance to make right but was informed today for me to just EAT it ....

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 02-19-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you paid to have them packed "professionally" then I would be going after whoever packed them...
Old 02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NON-Legal answer:

Who's the shipper? Who paid for the shipping and were the contents of the crates insured? If your invoice from the engine seller includes the packing, crating, insurance, and shipping, then you have a reason to have further conversation. If you paid the transport company directly, then it could get dicey.

The value of further conversation really depends upon the extent of damage and estimated cost to repair.

Tom C
Old 02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
jimdarr

depends on how much you insured the motors for, they will stand behind it if the damage is less than insured amount. Had it happen last year on a drive and once on a tranny, both times the shipper took care of it no problems because they were insured.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Banned

I had 2 blowers shipped and paid $300.00 for packing and shipping. When they arrived the flame arrestors where smashed and one of the blower noses were sticking out of the box. UPS denied the claim as they were packed in linen boxes with peanuts and the idiot I bought them from refused to pay.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Last time I shipped an entire engine the carrier I use for business (shipments going out everyday) claimed they would only ensure new engines....not rebuilds, etc. So, I shipped and insured mine as new engines. They made the round trip fine but I made sure they were insured properly before they left the dock........if yours were insured properly the shipper should be able to file a claim with the LTL that was responsible for them.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hopefully you rejected the shipment or documented the damage and had the trucker sign it or you will be out of luck
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Waterboy123
if you paid to have them packed "professionally" then I would be going after whoever packed them...
Thats what i was thinking WATERBOY .... and the damage is the result of packing not trucking ...
thnx
Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

In my business chit is always shipped in. If the carrier has signed off that all was good when they made the pick up and there is damage when it arrives at my door the carrier is on the hook for the damage. If they feel the material was not properly packaged that is their problem, or between them and the shipper, for sure not mine. Accepted with damage noted on the delivery papers, or refused due to obvious damages, the carriers problem, period. With material shipped on a company truck it is seldom an issue to get it made right, with a common carrier it can be a nightmare. I always refuse damaged goods on a common carrier, pizzes the driver off, but wtf, I'm not paying for broke chit, nor am I spending my time trying to straighten out their fock ups.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimdarr
depends on how much you insured the motors for, they will stand behind it if the damage is less than insured amount. Had it happen last year on a drive and once on a tranny, both times the shipper took care of it no problems because they were insured.
I insured them both as NEW Motors but its not the shippers fault and i would not even involve FED EX NATIONAL they did an awesome job even delivered at 7.30 at night .....

Quick Reply: Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.