Notices

Theft ring uncovered

Old 03-18-2002, 02:05 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theft ring uncovered

From http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/Today_..._news.html#two wellcraft workers face theft charges

Two Wellcraft workers face theft charges

Two veteran Wellcraft Marine employees were charged Thursday with stealing boat parts from the Sarasota, Fla., plant at which they worked, and selling them to a boat dealer in Clearwater, Fla.

Detective Calvin Dennie, spokesperson for the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, identified the men as Jackson Gore, 36, and John Boyette, 44. Each was charged with grand theft and conspiracy to commit grand theft.

Gore worked in Wellcraft’s shipping department, and Boyette was employed in the parts department. Each had been with the company for more than a decade.

Also charged was the 62-year-old owner of the boat and repair business who allegedly was receiving the stolen parts. He is identified as Fred Van Wagoner, owner of Van Wagoner Boats Inc. in Clearwater, Fla.

All three are being detained at Florida’s Manatee County Jail in lieu of $60,000 bail each.

Authorities say the two Wellcraft employees took engine parts, steering wheels and other supplies.

So far, Dennie says, police have recovered between $25,000 and $35,000 in stolen Wellcraft parts from Van Wagoner’s facility. He said between $85,000 and $105,000 in Wellcraft parts were taken in the past year and a half.

— Lindsey Savin
Old 03-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Banned

Damn! I was just about to call Van Wagoner to get an estimate on a paint job, guess I better rethink that.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Registered

DallasBoats.com I agree and think it is all most proven that anything that is left to run wide open will allmost allways burn out sooner ! James
Old 03-18-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Cuda, very unfortunate, I used to deal with "john Boy" as a dealer but not under these circumstances, as for a paint job try and call Enclote marine in Tarpon springs, back in my yacht delivery dats they did a fantastic job, hope they still exists!!