Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater >

2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater

Notices

2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater

Old 03-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the area ( have used that ramp many times) and I run offshore fishing quite often (my other hobby) and I am surprised and disgusted at some comments here. My thoughts and prayers are with the other 3, how can you not grieve for these guys and their family's? Not looking good as time pasts, it now has been a long time in cold water and tough to spot them w/o a boat (small target). Sure we can sit here and second guess / critique these guys all day long and sure weather was obviously not the right day to run 50 miles in a 21' on Saturday. But come on guys, can you honestly say you have never in your life done something that in hindsight you risked more then you should have? What site is this? So we should not give a crap about the loss of human life because they ran offshore when we wouldn't have? How about the guy that has an accident and looses his life in a poker run because it is silly to go that fast, should he get your sympathy? If you read a story about human that loses his life and it doesn't make you want to puke then you should sell your boat and get outta this sport because the human beings that enjoy this sport shouldn't have to be associated with you. My 2 cents.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Registered

Thank god I am not the only one who was completely sickened and disgusted by some others thoughts and opinions about these poor men floating at sea (hopefully still alive). Please keep these men and thier families in your prayers. Thank you OSO
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Kind of like your DUMB post. Pretty tasteless....
Could not agree more - what an insensitive and ignorant post.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mmareno
I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Plexico Burris.. See it does prove it... Money can't buy brains...

Guys like that got enough money to hire someone to drive them out to fish... Put the bait on for them... Take the fish off... And have 42 women run around Naked... But instead... they take a 21' boat into the perfect storm...

I honestly feel bad for the kids and families BUT.. I never realized how many DUMB people have a boat!!
You are such a heartless tool!! Maybe they had engine problems and were drifting out to sea and the only way to stop is to throw the anchor?? Nobody knows the whole story yet so instead of making stupid posts like this maybe you should stick your head in a hole and pound some sand *******!!!
Old 03-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Plexico Burris.. See it does prove it... Money can't buy brains...

Guys like that got enough money to hire someone to drive them out to fish... Put the bait on for them... Take the fish off... And have 42 women run around Naked... But instead... they take a 21' boat into the perfect storm...

I honestly feel bad for the kids and families BUT.. I never realized how many DUMB people have a boat!!
What a totally asinine post If anybody spends time on the water you're going to get caught in bad conditions no matter how prudent you are. I've been on the water for 35+ years and have been caught a couple of times in water/weather nobody predicted. It wasn't fun at all and you take seriously safety equipment and procedures that you might have paid minimal heed to prior to an experience like that.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

My Prayers are with the Families.

Sam
Old 03-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bonecrusher
Thank god I am not the only one who was completely sickened and disgusted by some others thoughts and opinions about these poor men floating at sea (hopefully still alive). Please keep these men and thier families in your prayers. Thank you OSO
AGREED!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

For thos of you that are saying that they make enough to pay for a huge boat with capt.... Just not the case. You should do your research and find out what MOST ball players make. Not the superstars like Payton Manning and Tom Braddy but the average linesman.

I pray that they are found one way or the other so that the family's can have a faster closure.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:11 PM
Registered

It is very sad to think about anybody just floating out in the water. Even more when you know they only have hours with the water temp where it was. We dont know why they were that far out. I would not go that far in a little boat but thats me. As much as I hate rules maybe there should be some as to how far out you can go in certain size boats, you cant drive a moped on a hwy. because it's not big or fast enough, maybe they should do something like that. In a little 21 foot single eng. boat I am going to keep land in sight and a phone in some sort of water proof bag.

As far as what they get paid, Corey Smith made more in the last year and a half than I have made my whole life, and I have owned boats that can go that far out in big seas. So I feel they could have chartered a big boat but they more than likely just wanted to hang with friends and they have every right as Americans. Everybody just needs to be safer on the water, even more this time of year with higher winds and lower temps.

Again this is very sad and only hurts what we all love to do but when things like this happen we have to look at ways to make sure it doesnt happen again, as humans we have to learn from our and others mistakes and make adjustments to how we do things to insure we and loved ones are safe.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Kind of like your DUMB post. Pretty tasteless....
I am sorry for the people that I offended.... When I first got a boat...My father looked me in the eye and said.. Three people you should never disrespect!!!.

1. Your mother

2 Your wife

3.and the most important Mother nature..

Sometimes people just don't see what she (mothrer nature) can do to you.. I do feel horrible that these men are still missing.. I know it affected a large community of people.. Family, Children, Friends, Team mates.etc...

It is times like this where I think people should be "Certified" to be able to take such a small boats in big waters, Be responsible enough to have the proper safety equipment for this type of situation, and know the limits of a boat..

We have accidents all the time.... That is why they are called accidents. I feel as though many could have been avoided if Ignorance didn't play a roll.

Again... Please except my apology for anyone this offended... It was not my intention at all, I just simply see "Maybe" a waist of human life over something that may have been prevented.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.