Notices

Hustler @ auction

Old 03-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hustler @ auction

Theres a triple engine Hustler at Copart selling next week. Looks like it may need a little interior work and some drives but the blue motors look ok if it goes cheap enough. Ive got pics if someone wants to post em.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:09 PM

Keep track of it, we buy some auction boats/ salvage stuff, but here lately, it seems the Banks and insurance companies would rather let them rott on the books.

They just can't grasp, a boat that damaged two years ago could bring 40K today may only bring 5K

On a phone call a few months ago, I was negociating with a salvage company for a cabin cruiser, the #'s he gave me were just stupid. I had him with me on the phone pull up the exact same make,model,year boat on Trader and their were others in the US that were forsale used less than he wanted for a damaged boat!!!!!! he wouldn't budge???
Old 03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Registered

I hear ya! I have run in to the same situation with cars. My cousan bought two boats from copart a few weeks ago and stole them! A running and driving 28 Seebold for 8K nice!

Last edited by johnny g; 03-05-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen a couple sweet deals on some O'Day daysailers at National Liquidators. I was thinking of picking one up
Old 03-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Johnny how does your brother like the seebold boat? I used to work for Seebolds son (tim) but only saw a few of those boats and always wondered how they handled the water and ran.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny g
Theres a triple engine Hustler at Copart selling next week. Looks like it may need a little interior work and some drives but the blue motors look ok if it goes cheap enough. Ive got pics if someone wants to post em.
http://copart.com/c2/onSaleResults.h...&lotId=8485599

Boat is in Kansas, it is burnt and the pics show the motors with snow on them.......even for $925 what do you think they are worth? Even if not fire damaged they certainly weren't winterized......That boat isn't worth having if it was free!
Old 03-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered

He likes it because he got it so cheap. Actually, he said it feels like a solid boat but its a slug. He only took it out once and he said it would only reach 57 mph. It looks like a pretty heavy boat for a single 454 mag.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

[That boat isn't worth having if it was free![/QUOTE]

Free? What ever. I was being smart ass about alittle interior work. I dont think your link is gonna work. Hopefully for your sake it doesnt, wouldnt want someone biddin for ya.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The O'days are punk and if you want a bad ass 42, you can't touch a wing keel Catalina! That thing is a total wave crusher! Probably better rough water boat than an Apache or a big Cig.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...-Keel-93778023
Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anyone ever noticed this? hmmm....
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Hustler @ auction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.