Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Update on Gina the miracle kitten! >

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Notices

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Could the money have gone to other things, absolutly. I didn't only do this for Gina, I did it for myself. It made me feel good to do it. The day I saw Gina nearly broken in half, trying to crawl away with the front half of her body and the rear half just dragging it broke my heart. I have spent my life avoiding cats due to how deathly allergic I am. I have been in the hospital no less then 20 times for reactions to cats (this was by far the worst reaction). When I saw how scared and how hurt she was, nothing else mattered at that time but helping her. When I first got involved, did I know what i was in for, absoliutly not! Had I known, would I have still gone forward... Probably!
So to say I did this for a cat, is really minimalizing the whole situation. It made me feel good to do it. From the hundreds of posts, letters, emails from people all over the place I can see that it made a lot of other people feel good also.

PS
IS minimalizing a word?? If not it should be!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Gino sorry that you felt that I offending you and all the others on this form, it was never meant to offend anybody. I don't know Gino except from what I have read on here and there has always been nothing but great things said about him. I never said how you should spend your money, I said that it is your business what you do with it. All I did was respond to a post that you had. Does that make me a fu..ing scumbag for giving my opinion, obviously with many of the members here that know you, it does. Many have said, just what have I done for others, the answer is as much as I can afford to do as I am not a wealthy person but do try to help others when I can. I try to help many seniors and disabled around where I live by cleaning their snow for them every time it snows and that has been a lot this year. I offer to drive them where ever they need to go, if they want a ride and let them know that I am there for them if they need anything. I try to help those in need if I can and have given to charity and so on but like I said I am not wealthy and am limited in what I can give in money but try to help in other ways that don't cost money. If you are on the street and down and out and come to me for some money to get a coffee, I always make sure I would give them more then just for a coffee and that is what I try to do in life as well as other things I do. What I said was just my opinion and I knew that I would get crucified for saying anything about Gino and Gina but all I did was state my opinion on this topic. Why should anybody take offence to that, since when is it a crime to state your feeling and respond to a post, isn't that a big part of what OSO is all about. Many don't know what I have done for others because I feel that it isn't necessary for me to tell anyone what I have done and who would care anyways. Some of you have already drawn your own opinion of me without knowing me which is OK as we all have are opinions and we all have the right to stated them, I thought. Gino I can't beleive that you lost some sleep over my post as it was not an attack on you or anyone else and I did say that it was very commendable, what you have done and for Gina. To those who have condemned me and want me poofed for stating my opinion on this form, so be it, it is your opinion. I make no apology for saying what I think about this issue on the OSO form.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are jumping on Gino over spending a few grand on a saving a kitten?? Then you need to jump all over just about every single member here for spending that amount in boat gas in a weekend, for new props, even on buying a boat.. you know how many families you could feed if you sold YOUR boat?? Why not call out haggin or dave scott for spending millions on boat racing?? Granted they each donate 10X more per year than most of us make to help others and have hearts of gold. I would be willing to bet that more than a few of members here have blown a few grand in a night at a strip club. Hell if I were Gino I would drive down to Dunn and have a diamond collar made for the cat just to spite your azz. I would be willing to bet Gino has done more to help people this week than you have all year..Take your negativity and stick it up your "i'm better than you" azz
Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Spoke to the vet this morning and she is doing great. They may take her cone off. They are going to start some acupuncture and electrical stimulation on the nerve to her bladdar. If she dosen't respond to those treatments they have 2 options.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino, man, you have a heart of gold. Gina is one very special lil kitty. For the rest of her life, will she remember that you have helped her??? You can bet your last dollar on that one.

That kitten did'nt asked to get hurt, if not for someone like Gino that cared about helping others and their well being, she probably would've died a slow painful death, something that none of us here would've wanted to hear about, let alone see happen.

IMO, any negative comments posted here are totally out of line. Negative comments were not ask for by Gino, and therefore in respect to him for all he has done, we should keep this post on a positive level. Afterall, this thread was posted to keep all of us that are interested in the healing of Gina, updated on her progress.

Even tho Gina is not a boating related topic, I want to thank OSO for keeping this thread up here where we all can follow it closely. Ya never know, Gino just may call his next boat "GINA"
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Spoke to the vet this morning and she is doing great. They may take her cone off. They are going to start some acupuncture and electrical stimulation on the nerve to her bladdar. If she dosen't respond to those treatments they have 2 options.
Hey Gino...not to hijack this thread, but there was a weblink in my original posting last night...If you reach out to Rick at Puffy Paws, he may be able to help you find a great home for her...that is what he does is adopt out unwanted and abandoned kitties...GREAT GUY! If you call him and explain the situation, I know he'd be very happy to help you...His organization also happens to be in Florida...

You are a saint and an angel for this poor cat...Trust, me...she knows it, too...!

Old 03-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami
Hey Gino...not to hijack this thread, but there was a weblink in my original posting last night...If you reach out to Rick at Puffy Paws, he may be able to help you find a great home for her...that is what he does is adopt out unwanted and abandoned kitties...GREAT GUY! If you call him and explain the situation, I know he'd be very happy to help you...His organization also happens to be in Florida...

You are a saint and an angel for this poor cat...Trust, me...she knows it, too...!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Gina will be moving there next week!!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Gina will be moving there next week!!
wow, what a great thing with puffy paws!
my whole point in my post was we need to unite in what we do, it's cool to have and want different things, but as we have always done, lets unite against the thieves among us (dirt devil) and use our means for that. Lord knows I am outspoken on many things, but the people that know me know that I bend over backwards for them.
No one is not commending you for what you have done for her, but their will be people that see it different, ok, thats cool so lets move on. Realistically, An animals life has been changed by an act of kindness and if she is able to provide the same for a human family, who loses?
I personally think looking too deep into it and trying to justify it took over. But I have to say as a boater, I wouldn't be ashamed to have either one of you on my side, for the simple fact that regardless of the situation, you would both think logically and do what each of you perceived the right thing to do and weigh out the pros and cons.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered

Great day all around! The vet called us today at 4:45 to let us know Gina was able to pee on her own twice today. Our waiting has paid off. She will now be 100% normal. The surgey went grat and she is walking around without any issues.

Today I spent over an hour on the phone with the people from www.puffypawskittyhaven.com . What incredible people they are. They have over 150 cats and they never destroy an animal unles they are in severe pain and it's the only option. They take cats from all over, they have a lot of cats that are abused, abandoned, strays and hurt. They don't turn any away! They have another smaller attchment to the building for cats with Lukemia and Feline aids and other medical issues that need special attention (like Gina), those cats are not up for adoptions, they end up being their pets. I am very greatful to Moving to Miami for the referal!!
These people are completely non-profit. this is their passion. They are supported by donantions. I know quite a few of you offered to donate money for Ginas surgery. If you guys could send a donation to these people that do so much good, It would be much appreciated. I am going to help them on an on going basis.
They offered to take take Gina immediatly, even with her unrination problem. They actually have another cat with the same problem. Now that Gina is able to urinate on her own that will really make her adoptable.
Another few days in the vet to recover and Gina will be on her way. I'm very greatful how this turned out. If I would have taken another option that someone suggested, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life, wondering if I had made the right idea.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

I'm glad everything worked out. If you were closer and I could adopt her, I'd try.

Gino I'm so glad you could help her out. I had a cat that died a couple of years ago that I adoped from KY. They didn't have any humane societies out there and she was such a sweet kitten that I brought her home. Even my mom, who hated cats, loved her. She was a great cat.

Anyway, enough rambling. Glad you could help out and I'm sure she appreciates it!

Quick Reply: Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.