Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Update on Gina the miracle kitten! >

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Notices

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

I guess they deleted the old thread, i can't find it. Gina is doing well. tomorrow is 5 weeks she is in the vet. It's getting close to where she will be able to go to a good home very soon. Gina is going to need a little extra attention but I assure you she is worth it. Gina is still not able to pee on her own but there is a good chance that will be changing as she is getting more feeling back all the time. Her tummy needs to be presses to help her empty her bladder. One good point is she won't pee all over the house. I received over 250 emails and PM on her condition. Several people inquired about adopting her. I would keep her but I'm deathly allergic. I have invested thousands of dollars in her and she is worth every dollar. Now we need someone special to love her. The people at the vet adore her! They said they never had a kitten in there that purred so much or as loud. When Renea goes to visit her everyday, Gina jumps up and sticks her nose through the cage when she hears her voice. She pushes her head against your had so you pet her. She is an absolute love! I have never been a cat person, I'm a dog lover but Gina is a miracle kitten that has made me look at cats differently.
My wife said she will deliver her to who ever adopts her. Please let me know if you have any interest.
Attached Thumbnails Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-136.jpg   Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-137.jpg   Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-139.jpg  

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-140.jpg  
Old 03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to hear that she is doing well
Old 03-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job, its good to see that another one was saved. Some people just dont have any compassion for cats. I have 5 indoor cats and when people come into my house they dont even know there is one in there. To me its just like having kids. Again great job. Bruce
Old 03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered

She's a little shy with all of the hair missing off her backside!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino, that's great news. It's ashame that you are allergic to cats. She would be your best friend. You are her guardian angel.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im glad to see a few kind hearted people left in this world, we need more people like Gino around,
Mark R
Old 03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Registered

AB from Windsor you may have like 1000+ posts , and I may wave like 2-, but you sir are an A-hole.
I do not know LubeJobs42, but I am sure he earned his thousands to spend on this cat, and he can spend that how he sees fit. I also bet someone with this much compasion for a animal he owes nothing to has done more then his fair share to help out his fellow man.
I do not generally get involved in posts like this, but you response to someone going above and beyond just plain pissed me off.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Daredevil you where just a little faster on the keyboard then I, but I am glad to see I am not the only one that feels this way.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
That is good news about Gina but Gina is still a very sick cat that needs special care. I know that many on hear are giving you all kinds of accolades for what a great thing you have done for this cat and all the money you that you have personally spent on vet bills, which I am sure, is at least a couple of grand, if not more. Gino, your compassion for this injured cat is very commendable but the money could of been better spent on the needy. I once heard a story able a person on this site that was once down and out and needed some dry clothes for himself and needed to find a place to stay for the night when some old person that he had approached while he was picking through the garbage, offered him a room for the night and some clean clothes, when he know that this young and person wouldn't be able to find shelter for the night. In the morning this poor old guy made this down and out person breakfast or something like that and wished him luck. The down and out person said he would never forget this poor old mans kindness and generosity and even looked for him when he was on his feet again, later on in life. I have nothing against cats but in these very troubling times where people are losing jobs, homes and are struggling just to feed their family. I really thing that the money you spent on Gina could of been spent on some very needy families, shelters for the homeless instead of a critically injured cat. I haven't heard anybody on here say that spending that kind of money on this cat was ridiculous when there are many needy people who may be living on the street and going through garbage cans to get something to eat, and that is troubling. What would they have said if your name wasn't Gino and if you didn't own the Mercedes boat? It is your money to do what you want to do with it but what you have spent on this cat would of feed a whole family for at least a month or two. That would of really been something to cheer about. I think that it would of been more humane to put this injured cat out of it's misery instead of having to press it's blatter so that it can urinate and who knows what else will be wrong with it down the road. Will Gina be able to walk or run later or just continue to suffer. Just my 2 cents.

Listen, I don't want to be rude, but I don't need you to tell me what I should have done with my money. If I want to take my money and throw it off a bridge, burn it or spend it on Gina is my purgative! You made your last comment about putting Gina down so she could stop suffering. She has not suffered one bit since I adopted her. I have spoke to my vet and others around the country as to her expected quality of life and under the circumstances she will live a normal life and give a lot of love to whoever is lucky enough to adopt her. For your information, I give plenty of money and time to different charities. Infact I probably give more on an annual basis then a lot of salaries! I am also a part owner of a non-profit company that helps single moms on welfare. For you to come here and second guess what i choose to do with my money really pisses me off. What gives you the right to lecture me?
Why don't you tell us what you have done?? I can give you a list of what I do that will make your head spin! keep your .02 cents to yourself or better yet, give it to one of your charities!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

Hereare some of my crew that I feed every week. 12 or 13 come by and eat and only 3 or 4 come inside. I spend a bunch of $$$ just feeding them and getting them fixed. My girlfriend calls the lake house "Cat Town". AB needs to get Fvcked and donate some of his money the way he sees fit. Great Job G!Glad there are other thoughful people out there! Hope you find a home close to you for Gina!
My one big white one is the badass of the hood. He shows up and eats, hangs out a while and always has battle scars. He must battle with everyone and protects the herd. He is about 20 pounds of muscle and I would hate to see the other cats or whatever he beats on....
Attached Thumbnails Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-dsc01137.jpg   Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-dsc01138.jpg   Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-dsc01142.jpg  

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-dsc01259.jpg  

Quick Reply: Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.