If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The new Champboat Series is a regular APBA series. They follow all the rules and regs. of APBA. They use approved APBA officials and score via APBA regs. Drivers get APBA National points and are covered by APBA insurance.

On the other hand, FormulaOne PROP is owned by the Garbrechts. It's a professional tour. They purchase a lease from APBA, and therefore can run any rules they choose -- but as long as they follow APBA safety rules they are still covered by APBA insurance. The class "Formula One" is copyrighted by PROP and run under a "Special Event" banner, therefore the drivers do not get APBA National Points.

Hope I got all that right

Magic --- Who was your driver?

Charter Member #415 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    1968 Switzer Shooting Star,1967 Switzer Shooting Star,1963 Glasspar G-3
    BK,driver was Jim Bain from Montgomery,Al.Not well known,just a good guy boat dealer who raced because he loved it.We spent Thanksgiving week at Lake Haveasu when they had the old World Championships inmaybe 1972? Jim died of cancer afew years back,I still miss him but remember how he drove that McCalland the Kitson and the Checkmate tunnel. Funny how an internet thread with people you don't even know can bring back such good memories. Thanks,Magicfloat

New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
    I would think that the Cowes Classic should be included on any list of "real offshore" races for however you want to define that. For those that don't know, the race is the championship race for the UIM Endurance series and runs from Cowes to Tourquay and back to Cowes covering more than 220 miles of open ocean. It is for monohulls as those across the pond say (v-bottoms to us) and is by invitation only to those teams who have qualified through other endurance races.

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    Hey Magic:

"People you don't even know"........?

Not quite................

Boat racers (The real ones...not the ones who simply attend races to wear driving suits, spend daddy's money, party mindlessly, and show off hull graphics) make up one of the greatest "families" on this planet.......

Whether or not you've actually been formally introduced...... is secondary to the fact that there is a bond as strong as steel and a respect and loyalty of biblical proportions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123