Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   South Fl Lunch Run 3/14 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204319-south-fl-lunch-run-3-14-a.html)

rchevelle71 03-22-2009 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami (Post 2826285)
Ok, so this may be a dumb question, but what is considered a "good" tip for a dockmaster...And then, a dockmaster like this gentleman at Shooter's who will make sure you have a spot? Do they typically do a good job keeping an eye on your boat for you, too?

Just curious...As I'm moving to South Florida, this would be good to know..

Thanks!

Whatever you feel comfortable with, anywhere from a few bucks to ???? We had some large yachts in front of us at shooters, I am sure they gave more than I did, but between our group of four boats he made out more than OK:drink:

Moving2Miami 03-22-2009 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2826354)
Whatever you feel comfortable with, anywhere from a few bucks to ???? We had some large yachts in front of us at shooters, I am sure they gave more than I did, but between our group of four boats he made out more than OK:drink:

If you have a pretty expensive boat like a Fountain, Skater, MTI, etc...Is a hundo pretty standard, a bit high, a bit low? I really have no idea?

NKissau 03-22-2009 06:21 AM

I don't live in Miami, but a hundo seems a bit crazy. I typically give the guy $5-$10 when we jump out of the boat and thank him for his help. Around here I see people not tip anything, the bars/restaurants provide the dock help as a gesture to the boating patrons. But it's cheap insurance!

BUIZILLA 03-22-2009 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami (Post 2826285)
Ok, so this may be a dumb question, but what is considered a "good" tip for a dockmaster...And then, a dockmaster like this gentleman at Shooter's who will make sure you have a spot? Do they typically do a good job keeping an eye on your boat for you, too?

Just curious...As I'm moving to South Florida, this would be good to know..

Thanks!

a buck a foot...

rchevelle71 03-22-2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami (Post 2826359)
If you have a pretty expensive boat like a Fountain, Skater, MTI, etc...Is a hundo pretty standard, a bit high, a bit low? I really have no idea?

Thats too much for one boat, heck that covers lunch for four at shooters, ya cant have the dockmaster making more than the restaurant owner. A better way to think about it may be somewhere similar to what you tip the waitstaff.

slboatdrinks 03-22-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2826697)
Thats too much for one boat, heck that covers lunch for four at shooters, ya cant have the dockmaster making more than the restaurant owner. A better way to think about it may be somewhere similar to what you tip the waitstaff.

First I ever heard a C note referred to as a hundo....

dreamer 03-22-2009 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks (Post 2826711)

first time i heard fountain mentioned with skater and mti

northernoffshore 03-22-2009 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks (Post 2826711)

that been around a long time 1st 32' thunder

Magic Medicine 03-23-2009 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by northernoffshore (Post 2826766)
that been around a long time 1st 32' thunder

That pic looks like it was taken in Diversy???

excursion 03-23-2009 05:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Rested up from a long drive and recovering now, will post some pics now.