Notices

South Fl Lunch Run 3/14

Old 03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captnmike
excursion
It was great to meet you and your wife yesterday, I'm glad we got you to the right ramp. Thanks you very much for the drinks. Hope todays run is going well. You might have a little rain but that will just keep the boat rinsed off.
Captnmike
Hey Captnmike,

Did ya ever get down to shooters, we had to scoot out so Steve could make it to Miami, I was going to pull back up and wait, but just as I was letting Steve out of the raft, my buddy came by in his 38 fountain express, and we ran up to Lake Santa Barbera and finished the day off rafted up. Sorry we missed ya.

Rick
Old 03-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered

Well,

All in all it was a good day, sorry the forecast changed, and we didnt get to run the outside, but a good idle down the ICW still beats mowing grass or some other work at Home. Thanks to Steve(Lucky Strike), and Bill(Taboo) for coming by land, these guys are the old school die hards, good to see you guys.

Excursion, Sorry we didnt get to meet, I understand it was quite rough on the outside, I hope the rest of your Vacation goes great, and we will meet another time.

Mark, TopVen, Nice meeting you, and your family was great to come down by land also, the bigger the crowd the better when it comes to these things. Remember, we are always around, and not that far north of you, Take a run up to Palm beach sometime.

Steve(SLboatdrinks), Very nice meeting you guys, and what a sweet boat ya got. When I woke up this morning and walked the dog, the water on the pond behind the house was like glass, I thought we were going to have a smooth day, by the time I left the house the wind had picked up signifigantly, and I was running scared, not wanting to wimp out of running the outside, and not knowing you guys I was trying to think of a polite way to tell you to run the outside without me, I was glad to meet someone who "gets it". You know how the ego's can get, and you have now seen my boat, its not the greatest thing, but it is what it is, holds its own, but better safe than sorry. Thanks for understanding that, and if ya get back down we will run again for sure.

And MikeBrls, what the heck, we have been trying to hook up on the water for months, and I see ya twice in one day!!!

What a coincidence you happened to be rolling by as we just got tied up, and again when we were leaving. Shows ya how the best made plans never work out, but sometimes just by chance. Well, Good luck at your wedding next week, have fun on the cruise, looks like ya got a nice family there, and dont sweat the wife wanting to leave, Mine is even more impatient, and we dont even have kids.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I have organized a few of these runs, and something always seems to happen to a few guys to where the crew shrinks, but I want to thank all that attended today, we had more than we expected(only 4 boats, 33 active, 38 topgun 24 pantera, and a spectre cat, but probably 40 people including family), lets all do it again soon.

Rick
Old 03-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
before montys come to kew biscayne raft up... just past rickenbacher causeway

be there in the serious cig
Dreamer,

I sent these guys down your way, We'll meet this summer sometime, I plan on spending more time in Miami once it warms up.

Rick
Old 03-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bcschoe
I was running off of Lauderdale today. I wil be running a normal boat in Miami tomorrow. Fisher Island for lunch.

Brad,,

if your running a "Normal Boat" in Miami tomorrow, what the heck were ya running off Lauderdale today??? I was sporting the Performace boats T-shirt today that ya gave us at the new years day run, thanks again, and see ya soon.

Rick
Old 03-15-2009, 12:52 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Rick,

I got a late start today. Sorry I didnt make it up earlier. I was in my boat today, tommorrow I think it is a cobalt of somthing similar. Look forward to seeing you guys next time.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Rick , Nice Rafting Up For A Litle While On Saturday , As You Saw I Had The Family With Me .
So Couldnt Spend Much Time . It Was Kinda Funny How I Saw You Guy's When You Just Pulled Up To Shooters And Then When You Were Leaving . Hey It Worked Out Good Becuase We Were Able To Idail Up To The Lake And Raft Up For A Bit And Have A Few Beer's And Talk .
Yep Next Week Is The Big Day And Then A 7 Day Cruise

We Will Have To Meet Up Again Sometime

Mike
Old 03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Yep, woke up at Ft Pierce and the wind was blowing up to 25mph and rain, which they said they had not had in months. WTF!!!
Stuck our nose out in the ocean and went about a mile or so and dropped into some big holes and at that point just turned around and did not want to tear up the boat on our first day. So had a nice relaxing trip down the ICW, the view was nice and not so bad being on the boat for a whole day after a long cold winter, lol

Really wanted to meet up with you guys, sorry didn't work out, maybe next time.

We will be at Ft Lauderdale on Thursday and Friday. Supposed to be a huge party there.

Thanks again to Captmike and his wife for there help.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RICK it was nice meeting you & All the guys, we had a fun day on the water, we are down for 10 days so i am sure we will be back out with the Boat
Mark
Old 03-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
everyone was out today... saw some SERIOUS hardware......

mercedes mti.. 43 motion... tons of cigs.... phil in the F2 straight bottom.....

some cat is going by my condo right now

What, no pictures???
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Great seeing all of you...Lets do it again soon.
LSJr. will be home Wednesday so we will be out & about on an off till Sunday when he has to go back to school.

LS-3 not only broke his ankle,he now has the Flu..Poor kid.

Quick Reply: South Fl Lunch Run 3/14

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.