Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204375-went-ride-26-redline-today-what-ride.html)

specman 03-06-2009 08:22 PM

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

I got a call this week from Steve at Revolution Performance Marine in Alabama and he invited me for a test ride in the 26 Redline cat that is in this months Powerboat.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a ride.
The boat ran just like Bob Teague said in his article. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have had several single engine cats with similiar horsepower and the Redline will out accelerate and out handle the boats that I have previously owned.
The boat accelerates like a rocket........
We ran 106 with both of us in the boat full of fuel.
Pretty impressive.
I was in a hurry and was on a tight schedule and Steve and his staff were more than accomodating.
I want to go back for a longer ride......With me driving.......
Congrats to RPM for the positive comments in Powerboat...

If you are interested in a single engine cat they are definately a boat that you should check out

John

Young Performance 03-06-2009 08:41 PM

Steve builds an absolutely gorgeous boat. I can't wait to put some power in one.:drink:
Eddie

specman 03-06-2009 08:47 PM

26 Redline

Eddie,
I think that sounds like a great idea!!!!!
Get Steve on the line now.....
John

Young Performance 03-06-2009 08:57 PM

He actually called me a few months ago about a couple of engines. We talked for a while about the boat. My engines are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. It may have been more than he or the customer wanted to spend on that particular boat. Hopefully we can get together on one in the near future. That is a boat that makes the engines look good.
Eddie

specman 03-06-2009 09:03 PM

26 redline

As the old saying goes,"You get what u pay for"
The two of you would put out a nice package.
John

26 REDLINE 03-06-2009 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Young Performance (Post 2815986)
Steve builds an absolutely gorgeous boat. I can't wait to put some power in one.:drink:
Eddie

Be at his shop on the 19th and 20th of March and I will show you some power in his boat, John I think you are scared:rolleyes: but if you are I will let you drive :ernaehrung004: that way I can drink my beer...let John L know but I am coming up on the 18th...I will run the boat on the 19th and the morning of the 20th hope to meet up with you guys...I always stay at the Laquinta on 280...Free for me, and we can party down at Hogans Thursday night:drink:

Jeff

Young Performance 03-06-2009 09:55 PM

I meant to put some of my power in one. I have kept up with the performance numbers of your boat and it is very impressive, not to mention beautiful. And a fellow Louisianian.:drink:
Eddie

specman 03-06-2009 09:58 PM

26 Redline

Jeff
I don't mind driving u around if I have to........
I wouldn't want u to spill beer on the new PPI interior!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to try and come down to RPM in the morning on Friday.
Can't wait to see your boat run.
John

johnlomant 03-07-2009 06:55 AM

I am going to try to be there. I hope to test my boat monday the 16th.

4mulafastech 03-07-2009 08:20 AM

While I haven't seen one in person, I am really impressed with RPMs 26 Redline. Great looks and performance. One of the best single IO performance boats out there IMO. I had a 22' Talon w/twin 2.5's and loved it. It was a center pod tunnel like the Redline. Handle great and was fast, but I still missed the rumble of the big block. Plus all the aftermarket engine upgrade possibilities compared to outboards (boring!)...

My Talon had easy access to the deck and the wind fairing (built into the deck mold) actually worked because the seats were low. The only complaint I read in a Powerboat review on the 26 Redline was deck access and wind protection. For you guys that own or have ridden in one, comments?

I see myself years down the road after my daughter graduates getting another hot rod, and this RPM boat has got my attention!:cool: