Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New DCB 35 Ran 162mph in Havasu yesterday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204437-new-dcb-35-ran-162mph-havasu-yesterday.html)

thisistank 03-09-2009 12:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Looks like they were doing more than just "testing" the boat:grinser010:

isellpower 03-09-2009 07:25 AM

The chick on the left was probably paid for the shoot with a gram of meth.

BRET 03-09-2009 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by isellpower (Post 2817155)

Looks like a skinny Tara Reid

Havasu Hangin 03-09-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by customryder (Post 2816564)
calm water? I would guess these are built to a very standard.. & could do well as the rest of the 35' boats.

I have been in the ocean on two different DCB's...

...and let's just say that neither one came back in the same condition as they left...lol.

I think that M35 is a very good looking boat, though.

customryder 03-09-2009 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin (Post 2817210)

...and let's just say that neither one came back in the same condition as they left...lol.

wow I always heard they were very well put together.. never looked at one close though..

Jassman 03-09-2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin (Post 2817210)

cosmetic stuff or are you talking structural...

Havasu Hangin 03-09-2009 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by customryder (Post 2817223)
wow I always heard they were very well put together.. never looked at one close though..

I don't think Dave ever intended his stuff to run (or race) offshore. DCB made a name for itself with great looking rigging, but it takes more than evenly spaced zip-ties to hold up in rough water...

...like through-bolting stuff...lol.

Havasu Hangin 03-09-2009 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2817226)
cosmetic stuff or are you talking structural...

I have heard they have improved their layup schedule, so that probably fixed any glass issues from a couple years ago.

IMHO, building a cat for offshore is a different animal. Once again, up until now, I don't think Dave (or most of his customers) ever intended his stuff to be run hard offshore, but you'll have to ask him.

Young Performance 03-09-2009 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by isellpower (Post 2817155)

That is freakin funny right there!!!

I don't know how well they hold up in rough water, but Dave builds some of the prettiest, best rigged boats of anyone. You pay for it, but you're getting something for your money.

BLee 03-09-2009 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2816485)
Are they going to actually race now? Maybe justify those "skater/MTI/Nor-Tech" prices with some wins on the race course!

It'll be nice to see one running instead of sitting in the channel all day!:eek::drink::food-smiley-007:

Haha, get em Tank! :drink:

What do they charge for their boats? I've never shopped them, but I can't imagine they price them with the Offshore cats? I always figured they were priced in line with Eliminators or similar?