Old 11-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick Felsen/ High Risk sunday

Does any one have any info on they are?
Old 11-26-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick is a Marine Insurer who lives on Long Island. He owns Hawk Race Consultants. I see him from time to time at the marina where I keep my boat...He's been racing since the early 90's I think although I could be wrong. Right now, I think he still owns the High Risk and has a driver and throttleman who race it.

What kind of info were you looking for?
Old 11-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Registered

Thanks, but what I meant was: how are they doing after their accident on sunday in KW?
Old 11-26-2003, 10:21 AM
Registered

I was wondering the same thing. That was a nasty wipe out. I talked to the Med boat when they went by after dropping them off. He said they were still unconscious and on their way to the hospital. I hope all is well.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Throttleman and Driver OK

I was the throttleman of High Risk and John Vanderstel was the driver( also the driver for Paul Whittiers In Contempt) We are both fine. I was the one who was unconcious and taken to the hospital. Luckily I was only bruised and twisted and I am seeing a chiropractor to get my spine staight again (LOL) Also A VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU to the rescue divers and paramedics. They did a great job and arrived what seemed very quickly to my aid. Being that we were in the harbor I was very concerned about other boats not seeing us and hitting us, but the divers were right on top of things. Thanks again! Also thanks to all those friends who helped get the boat out and flushed the engines out and save the boat from more damage.

If anyone has any pictures or movies of this accident, i would greatly appreciate copies of them. My # is 561-313-7995. or I work at Lake X and you could send them there. Kirk Dunteman 38 wins- 1 flip
Old 11-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus Kirk, It was spectacular it was right in front of us........... Don't do it again !!!!!!!!! I helped Ryan and your buddies secure the motors and such, but we were really worried about you two !! You guys' pitched right out the starboard side so fast.......... It looked really bad. You're right about rescue, they were there while the boat was still slowing. Hope you and John feel better soon............ Eat a ton 'O' Turkey that might help...... Glad you guys are O.K. and the boat didn't look too bad it's fixable..... See Ya, Bill Jolley
Old 11-26-2003, 02:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I have a shot of the boat getting towed in but thats it. From the seawall, all we saw was a splash.

Glad to hear your OK.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow...didn't know there was an accident...

glad to see everyone's okay.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I remember ( very vividly ) As I stood up on my chair in the VIP area just at the entrance to the Harbor to see;................. Both Boats side by side for some time, Sea Tow to the inside coming into the 'bight' (harbor), big hole on the landing side, both boats jump the transition wave then into the hole. Sea Tow hits it and fly's allitle sideways but gets some bite and continues....... The ruff water nearer the Sea Wall is much less forgiving High Risk clears the transition fly's perfect, then lands in the 'hole from hell' one more hop, clicked a corner, the boat seemed to bow steer alittle then a huge weelie............. then a hop..........Then a 'Big' LEFT ...........flipping instantneously one time to its outside and back to its paws................. tossing our boys' out , at least parrallel to the water hopefuuly keeping everyone in one piece....... I think there is some coverage, Hopefully this will appeal to anyone with film or 'recollection'. Glad your OK......... Happy T' Giving Kirk, John, Rick.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Thanks for the input!

Thanks for the phone calls and input. Its helped make some sense of what happend in the wreck. Hopefully some pics are being sent. I'll have to post them when I can. Kirk out.

Quick Reply: Rick Felsen/ High Risk sunday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.