Notices

Looking For Advice

Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by NKissau
The incentive would be the fact that you will tell everyone you know where to sell and look for used boats, which in turns create a lot of business for them.

If I knew anyone looking for a used boat I'd sell them mine, not tell them to go somewhere else! Either that or send them to the OSO classifieds!

Besides, ablboats doesn't make money by selling boats, they make money by getting listings.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
If I knew anyone looking for a used boat I'd sell them mine, not tell them to go somewhere else! Either that or send them to the OSO classifieds!

Besides, ablboats doesn't make money by selling boats, they make money by getting listings.

He just called asking for me and got my wife who screened him..He was pissed to say the least..cause he wanted info on a home first and on then came the second call 5 minutes later.. info on my boat..my wife figured it out. .No thanks..I'll pass..THANKS FOR HELP GUYS. Jeff
Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scam. tried to get on my car. 500 bucks and they had Buyers waiting Called me 50 times after i told them no on the first call. called me 20 times after I sold it.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny, he offered to list my boat for $300. Said no and dropped down to $200. Told me he had a buyer. Offered a finders fee if in fact he had a buyer. He said no. He called back a week later and did not remember he already talked to me. Had a buyer again. This time he got pissed when I started to play with him.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t-islands
Funny, he offered to list my boat for $300. Said no and dropped down to $200. Told me he had a buyer. Offered a finders fee if in fact he had a buyer. He said no. He called back a week later and did not remember he already talked to me. Had a buyer again. This time he got pissed when I started to play with him.
Yep, that's how they do it. It's as close to a scam as can be legally, since it's tough to prove they didn't have a buyer, or weren't "trying" to sell your vehicle.

They figure if they call 20 people a day, at $500 each, if 5 of them agree they've had a good day.