Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Last I spoke with the seller, he indicated he had spend all the money, his house is up for forclosure, and his in bad shape, but when i did my investigation, noticed several vehicles, all nice cars, one being a MBZ 600SL, two nice house. Your Answer, nothing has been resolved. My attorny called him as well and his pushing my into the legal system, which i will be taking, unless he comes forward and offter something to keep me happy, or take the motors back
Who are you???? You need to come with more than this he said, she said bull****..... The deck is not in your favor at the moment!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Your only recourse here is if the seller knowingly sold defective motors...good luck proving that. How is anybody supposed to know if there is a defect in an engine unless it gets totally broken down? There is inherent risk buying anything that is used, especially a finicky high performance marine engine. Perform due diligence to inspect as much as is reasonable then accept the risk which is what seems that you did, the rest is just back luck. Stop trying to look to others for you misfortunes, that's part of what's wrong with this society.
At the end of the day, any cracks that were found were found AFTER machining was done. Keep in mind that these were at 588 to begin with, so there was not alot of wall thickness there to start with. If the engines were torn down immediately, and if they were magnafluxed immediately, and if they had not passed through three hands (yours, your rigger, your machine guy) first, there might be a chance that there could be an argument. Even then, though, used engines are just that. At this point, how do you even know that one of your guys did not crack the blocks? Because they said so? Maybe you, or an agent of your should have inspected them before you bought them?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broz

Jeff Brozovich's 2001 Super Chevy Nitro Coupe. Photo by James Morgan

Jeff Brozovich launches hard in his Nitro Coupe at Super Chevy's 2001 New England race. Unfortunately the final eliminations for Nitro Coupes were rained out.
Attached Thumbnails Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice-broz.jpg  
Old 03-18-2009, 09:54 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 36Tango
At the end of the day, any cracks that were found were found AFTER machining was done. Keep in mind that these were at 588 to begin with, so there was not alot of wall thickness there to start with. If the engines were torn down immediately, and if they were magnafluxed immediately, and if they had not passed through three hands (yours, your rigger, your machine guy) first, there might be a chance that there could be an argument. Even then, though, used engines are just that. At this point, how do you even know that one of your guys did not crack the blocks? Because they said so? Maybe you, or an agent of your should have inspected them before you bought them?
What kind of blocks were they to begin with...I mean who was the manufacturer of the block....
Old 03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by JasonSmith; 03-18-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:02 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Well there you go.....whenever you use gopher blocks they're known to crack around the bottom especially when machined at the 1000 tolerance!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
This guy has built more reliable horsepower by accident than most people have on purpose. ????

I'm trying to understand this , So the seller was a engine bldr ?
Heres another link. I believe he still holds two world titles.

Few will dispute when it comes to engines his word is gospel.

http://www.superchevyshow.com/driver...trocoupe.shtml
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
Come On bro you pulled your link that was funny chit man
Old 03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Anyway without knowing the block manufacturer......a 588 motor is 4.560 bore which is really starting to push the ragged edge!!!! 4.625 bore is the limit on most aftermarket blocks that are built for big cubic inch stuff but from what you are telling me you purchased the motors then had work done to them and the crack is an unique crack as to the way it is horizontial and not vertical in nature....That being said you own them no matter what you may think say or do they're all yours and unless you bribe a judge you dont have a foot to stand on in court!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:58 AM
Registered

For reference, I have no clue who Empire is, talked to him once on TBM years ago because he is local.

But I thought I would respond for two reasons.

As a general rule, us Socal peeps are down to earth, rational people. Don't lump us all into a group. I have heard crazy stories about midwest living (excessive drinking, kid neglect, wife swapping, $ scam artists, ect.). Do I assume everybody in the midwest is like that? No, so chill on the Left coast stereotypes.

Secondly, Mario at Socal Speed and Marine is my engine guy as well. A stand up guy, reasonable prices and complete honesty. He fixed an effed up engine rebuild for me after a few mechanics couldn't figure it out. He is just doing what his customer (Empire) requested, so leave him out of the conspiracy theory, just a hard worker building a business, supporting his family.

This just sounds like an unfortunate "used" deal, what matters is how the parties handle it, with professionalism. It is possible both sides are being honest, this could just be a bad situation....

good luck resolving this mess.......

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.