Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204853-purchase-deal-went-wrong-need-advice.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-16-2009 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by saxman (Post 2821822)
From Competition Marine?

Who's COMPETITION MARINE ? :ernaehrung004:

BajaFresh 03-16-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dominator Scott (Post 2821448)

Empire, just to clear one issue up. When I spoke with you a few months ago about the chillers and didn't buy them it wasn't because I didn't have the money. It was because I decided to let you sit on them all winter long so you would be more likely to drop your price. It's called negotiation.
Several members here that know me on Speedwake and Sunsation can attest that when I decide I want something, the negotiating is all finished and I'm satisfied with the deal I PULL THE TRIGGER,no questions asked.

Good luck with your motors. It sounds like your goona need it.

So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? :rolleyes: Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.

djkool99usa 03-16-2009 09:16 AM

Empire0007,

Jeff is as stand up as they come. I am calling BS on this one.

Jason

t500hps 03-16-2009 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 2822113)
So you let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation. But when you snooze too long and he sells them to somebody else you call it getting screwed? :rolleyes: Then you're pissed because he informed you by e-mail instead of calling you? WTF, are you a 16 year old girl and got your feelings hurt? If it's business, it's business. Somebody else got the deal you didn't jump on. I don't see how this guy "screwed you over". He didn't sell you a bad part, you were not out any money, you just didn't get the deal you wanted. You may have a lot of friends and are a stand up guy but seems to me you are bashing a guy over something that was your own doing.

That's not what he said......

The problem was the seller going back and forth "we have a deal, sorry, another buyer, we have a deal, sorry another buyer". THEN not calling to tell him that he sold them to someone else less than 24 hours after he was told "we have a deal".
That would kinda pizz me off too. Domscott didn't bring this up until Empire started complaining that someone jerked him around on these motors (which the board seems to have alot of supporters for the sellers position as to condition)

Wobble 03-16-2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 2822113)

Dominator Scott
Senior Member Join Date: Dec 2003

Don't do business with this person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person joined under the name Empire0007 and he joined this site to sell a set of Super Chillers. Well needless to say we negotiated a price and agreed to it just this morning and then he turns around and sold them to someone else and didn't even have the ballz to call me. He sent me an email after I tried calling him all day. WHAT A FREAKIN" DIRTBAG LOSER!!!!!!!.

This does seem to be some kind of bullchit. DS it seems like you owe empire an apology IMO

BajaFresh 03-16-2009 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2822161)
That's not what he said......

The problem was the seller going back and forth "we have a deal, sorry, another buyer, we have a deal, sorry another buyer". THEN not calling to tell him that he sold them to someone else less than 24 hours after he was told "we have a deal".
That would kinda pizz me off too. Domscott didn't bring this up until Empire started complaining that someone jerked him around on these motors (which the board seems to have alot of supporters for the sellers position as to condition)

Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!

Dominator Scott 03-16-2009 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 2822207)
Okay, so Empire vacillated on the deal until he got a better offer. Didn't DomScott do the same thing to him hoping to get a better price? And DomScott called it "negotiating" until the deal didn't go to his advantage. Domscott did not give ANY money to Empire and was not out anything except a little phone time "negotiating" yet feels the need to call Empire a freaking Dirtbag loser?

Seems like Empire is out a significant amount of money on motors and I still say Domscott is acting like a school girl. If Empire had sold him the chillers I'm sure he'd be bragging to his friends how he strung this guy along for 6 months until he got his lower price.

I don't know Domscott but if all you guys say he is a straight shooter then why the over reaction on a deal that never even went through? If Empire was on here complaining about how aguy was going to sell him some motors for $X and then ended up selling them to someone else for $X + $Y then I could see him saying something about Karma but like I said, DomScott didn't lose anything on the deal beside a little time. Get over it!

I don't have a problem selling them for more money. I did have a problem calling me Friday morning saying we had a deal because his "other buyer" didn't come through and then hours later selling without letting me known until I called him 2-3 different times. This was the second time it occured because he had a buyer willing to pay more money. He sold them for more money and thats great for him.

I NEVER strung him along. I told him what I was willing to pay and just touched base once in a while to see if he wanted to lower his price. Until just recently he wasn't negotiable.

Anyways it's done and I'm over it. I'm going brand new and calling it a day.

BajaFresh 03-16-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dominator Scott (Post 2822248)
I don't have a problem selling them for more money. I did have a problem calling me Friday morning saying we had a deal because his "other buyer" didn't come through and then hours later selling without letting me known until I called him 2-3 different times. This was the second time it occured because he had a buyer willing to pay more money. He sold them for more money and thats great for him.

I NEVER strung him along. I told him what I was willing to pay and just touched base once in a while to see if he wanted to lower his price. Until just recently he wasn't negotiable.

Anyways it's done and I'm over it. I'm going brand new and calling it a day.

DomScott:

I understand what you are saying. I would have been disappointed and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I just chock it up to buying and selling stuff through a private party. I'm not defending Empire but I just think you over reacted by calling him names and saying Karma was getting him. I think there is a big difference to what happened between you guys and getting ripped off for big $ on a pair of motors. Going new is always the best way if you can afford it. Sometimes it's cheaper! :eek: :D

I'm not sure why I'm even posting on here! I guess I'm having a slow work day.:ernaehrung004:

Griff 03-16-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by empire0007 (Post 2821986)
Mike wrote:
empire007 is the buyer, Mario is my mechanic at SoCal Speed & Marine.

While I don't know anything about Socal Speed & Marine, from the looks of their website, it looks like they are more of performance maintanance shop that does performance upgrades and some rigging. I don't see anything about complete high performance engine rebuilds. I would guess that he subs out the actual engine builds.
http://so-calspeedmarine.com/

So, who is the actual engine builder, machine shop that he uses????

Griff 03-16-2009 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2822089)
Who's COMPETITION MARINE ? :ernaehrung004:

http://www.competitionmarine.net/Home.asp