Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204853-purchase-deal-went-wrong-need-advice.html)

Dominator Scott 03-16-2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 2822256)
DomScott:

I understand what you are saying. I would have been disappointed and the same thing has happened to me in the past. I just chock it up to buying and selling stuff through a private party. I'm not defending Empire but I just think you over reacted by calling him names and saying Karma was getting him. I think there is a big difference to what happened between you guys and getting ripped off for big $ on a pair of motors. Going new is always the best way if you can afford it. Sometimes it's cheaper! :eek: :D

I'm not sure why I'm even posting on here! I guess I'm having a slow work day.:ernaehrung004:

I never posted anything about this situation on this thread. Another member posted the link from another site. I simply replied when I was being called a liar and was accused of not being able to afford them. I simply couldn't justify his price when I could buy brand new polished chillers for $500 more.
His were used and powdercoated Merc black but if the savings was enough. I could justify them. If I bought them they would of have to been disassembled, stripped down and polished to match my blowers and the rest of my motors.

Anyways it's over and done and I have moved on.

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-16-2009 12:49 PM

:food-smiley-007:

Spiker 03-16-2009 04:18 PM

I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I alsio know for a fact that if something is not right or the person is not willing to use the right parts he will turn them away.

I know for a fact the motors were delivered to Kinsers and sat in a corner untouched until they were shipped out. I was there and helped with the crating.

I also remenber commenting that who in there right mind would put 2 - 1200 horsepower motors in a 33 foot baja.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging.

Knowing Jeff for a breif time as he has helped me with a few issues on my boat, he is a straight shooter and would bend over backwards to help someone.

With that said i am usually a lurker and do not post but feel compelled to as I personally know Mark and Jeff.

Spiker 03-16-2009 04:21 PM

And with Bravo drives as well

Wobble 03-16-2009 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by empire0007 (Post 2821217)
Mike wrote:
Yes, we did have the motors checked. The seller had his motors at Kinser Racing, a gentlemen by the name of Mark, he went through it and did a leak down and had my mechanic in touch with him, based on Mark, the motors were in great shape, a little oil leak, but nothing major. He indicated that they are strong motors and you just need a top end job on it. I am thinking the Jeff (seller) & Mark (Kinser Racing) both new what was going on and just wanted this deal to go through.

The motors were never placed in the boat, i was planning to rebuilt the entier motors from top to bottom and even we had to change everything was were all bad, at the end we noticed the crack. Motors were never ran or put in any boat, they went straight to the engine builder and very well known person in southern california boating industry.

Originally Posted by Spiker (Post 2822430)
I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I alsio know for a fact that if something is not right or the person is not willing to use the right parts he will turn them away.

I know for a fact the motors were delivered to Kinsers and sat in a corner untouched until they were shipped out. I was there and helped with the crating.
I also remenber commenting that who in there right mind would put 2 - 1200 horsepower motors in a 33 foot baja.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging.

Knowing Jeff for a breif time as he has helped me with a few issues on my boat, he is a straight shooter and would bend over backwards to help someone.

With that said i am usually a lurker and do not post but feel compelled to as I personally know Mark and Jeff.

These two statements seem incompatible

Spiker 03-16-2009 04:39 PM

My mistake that is usually why I do not post as everthing is scutinized to the last period.

The motors were not run or installed in a boat, they were checked. Leakdown.

Not run, not installed, taken apart, parts taken off, part installed, parts switched,

PhantomChaos 03-16-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Spiker (Post 2822443)
......that is usually why I do not post as everthing is scutinized to the last period.

So what! :)

RunninHotRacing163.1 03-16-2009 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Spiker;2822430]I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging:eek:
Different STROKES 4 different Folks :grinser010:

PhantomChaos 03-16-2009 06:39 PM

RHR....you reallly have to master that "quoting" technique better! :D