Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice >

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had business dealings(for way more money than we are talking here) with Dom Scott, and he is a straight up guy.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Whatever. I am going through Teague on Monday for new ones and that will be the end of it. We could go back and forth all day and it wouldn't make a difference. But paying for them with a credit card leaves a paper trail that can be tracked and credited back if something went wrong.
I distinctly asked you yesterday if we had a deal and you said yes. You simply sold them for more money because you found some round head that was willing to pay it and that was your right to do so. But you should have had the decency to call and tell me right then. Not send some weak azz email 2-3 hours later after I tried calling you 2-3 different times.

By the way Mario okayed the credit card payment and was just gonna pay you direct so how I payed for them should have made no difference to you. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was goona send a cashiers check for over 2K to someone I don't know and never even seen what I am buying. You wouldn't either and if you did you would be a total idiot.
By the way, don't spend that extra $300 you got from the other guy in one place. But judging what you have posted about your motors,your gonna need every last nickle you can get.

I'm done with this and done with you so later.
There was NO WAY IN HELL I was goona send a cashiers check for over 2K to someone I don't know and never even seen what I am buying. You wouldn't either and if you did you would be a total idiot.
WOW !!!!!!
Really ??? i've done checks,wires,paypals,cash in a fed ex envelope and recieved the same from buyers with no probs BIG DADDY ....[/QUOTE]

Then you are truely a trusting soul. In my line of work I see people lie straight to my face without hesitation so I am extremely cautious. Now there are certain members here that are also members at Speedwake and Sunsation, such as Donman,Rchevelle71 and many others which I wouldn't hesitate to send them money for a product they were selling but when someone becomes a member of a site just to sell an item and never posts again the red flags go up for me. This was the case when Empire0007 joined Sunsation. He listed his items and was never seen again. But that is his business and his right to do that.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
I have had business dealings(for way more money than we are talking here) with Dom Scott, and he is a straight up guy.

Thankyou pal.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
(I understand "empire007"'s post to mean 2 different shops have been inside these motors now but they have not been run yet). So, how do you know the machine shop, or mechanic isn't the one that has switched stuff or cracked the blocks trying to "clean" them up. IMO, Already too many people involved to really place blame on any one party.

I've seen posts from Dominatorscott for a number of years on SW and remember him talking about possibly buying superchillers awhile ago. I believe the C.C. thing could be the truth, but I've never seen anything to suggest he's tried to screw around with anyone or been less than honest. That he tried to negotiate the price down.......I think we all do that. It's the OK, sorry another buyer, OK, sorry another buyer stuf that bothered him (and not that you sold them for more money elsewhere).
DING,DING,DING!!!! We have a winner. He sold the chillers for more money and that is great. I am not bothered by this in the least. Hell I sell cars for a living so I am all for profit.
He also informed me of his full price buyer earlier in the week so I passed on the deal because I wasn't going to pay his asking price. But when he called me on Friday I asked him if I owned the chillers and he said yes,then backed out and sold them anyways without a simple courtesy call.
Finally yes I planned on using 2 cards to pay for these chillers and here is the simple reasons.
1) With all the internet scams out there these days I wanted a paper trail so if the chit hit the fan I could dispute the charges and get it credited back.
2)There are some transactions with the boat my wife just doesn't understand and this was one of them. She see's the checking account but doesn't pay much attention the credit card statements.
3) Most importantly payment would be immediate that day and they could have been shipped right away rather than waiting. I wasn't trying to cheat you out of your money and conspiring with your mechanic. Spare me.

Oh well,whats done is done and from the sounds of
Empire0007's motor nightmare he needed the extra 300 dollars more then I wanted to save it.

Empire, just to clear one issue up. When I spoke with you a few months ago about the chillers and didn't buy them it wasn't because I didn't have the money. It was because I decided to let you sit on them all winter long so you would be more likely to drop your price. It's called negotiation.
Several members here that know me on Speedwake and Sunsation can attest that when I decide I want something, the negotiating is all finished and I'm satisfied with the deal I PULL THE TRIGGER,no questions asked.

Good luck with your motors. It sounds like your goona need it.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:27 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Mike wrote:
Yes, we did have the motors checked. The seller had his motors at Kinser Racing, a gentelmen by the name of Mark, he went through it and did a leak down and had my mechanic in touch with him, based on Mark, the motors were in great shape, a little oil leak, but nothing major. He indicated that they are strong motors and you just need a top end job on it. I am thinking the Jeff (seller) & Mark (Kinser Racing) both new what was going on and just wanted this deal to go through.

The motors were never placed in the boat, i was planning to rebuilt the entier motors from top to bottom and even we had to change evrything was were all bad, at the end we noticed the crack. Motors were never ran or put in any boat, they went straight to the engine builder and very well known person in southern california boating industry.
Mark Kinser is a very stand-up, honest person. He is also a very knowledgable person who knows his chit when it comes to engines.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Registered

Mike wrote:
Both individuals were nice people, but all i know, seller had his engine with Mark, and he indicated they were good, unless knowing the crack was not detected, and it was an honest mistake. From my end, i got something that both individuals indicated were in good running condition. Someone has to come clean and take the blame here, either the seller or etc.

Originally Posted by saxman
Mark Kinser is a very stand-up, honest person. He is also a very knowledgable person who knows his chit when it comes to engines.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Who is your reputable marine engine builder???
Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a boat from Mo several years back with "Fresh" 540s
When i had problems after 2 hours we pulled them apart and found cracked blocks, miss-matched junk parts and VERY poor workmanship. Was it the seller or the engine shop ? I will never know.Same shop built yours.../
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Donman
Ouch ... That HAD to hurt.

Have you guys heard that song by Justin Timberlake ? "What Comes Around Goes Around".
What bothers me in this thread is that you listen to Justin Timberlake
Old 03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by birdog
I bought a boat from Mo several years back with "Fresh" 540s
When i had problems after 2 hours we pulled them apart and found cracked blocks, miss-matched junk parts and VERY poor workmanship. Was it the seller or the engine shop ? I will never know.Same shop built yours.../

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 03-15-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.