Purchase deal went wrong.  Need Advice >

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Notices

Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike wrote:
Ok, i have been following up with all the postings, and have been holding back to see all the posts. Note, if you all had read the mechanic notes, it looked like there might have been water in the blocks "possibly" and it froze at one time and from our understanding, thats how the cracks were made. Again, Mark at Kinser racing, did the leak down, there is possibility that from the leak down you might not be able to find out if there were cracks on the motors. To clear it up, I am not blaming Mark at Kinser Racing. My issue is with the seller that he does not want to do anything with this deal. I problem started as when I called Jeff, the seller and told him about the new problems that we had found out and his reply was you got a got deal on the motors and you have lot's of expensive parts in them. My reply was beside what i bought it for or beside what parts were in there, the seller indicated he had ran the motors and they were strong and in good working condition. Good working condition does not mean having two cracked cases. I don't care how good of a stand up person he is or his not, the main issue is he sold two motors which suppose to be working, but they are not usuable. If his a gentelman and a stand up guy, he would have worked this cituation with me and not forwarding me to take a legal action and lying to me and my attorney. As you have seen Jeff has not placed any posting to this issue that has happened, but looks like most of his friends has. Anyone that has purchased an item and they got something totally different, i am sure they have worked something out, but this guy the seller, does not want to do anything with the motors at all.

No you guys tell me what should i had done, or should do now. (Don't forget, we did the leak down as well and the results were about 12%)

Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered

Mike wrote:
While i am waiting to see what's going to happen with the 588 motors, i went and purchased a pair of Paul Pfaff 850's. This should get me as close as to the other motors would have (maybe), without worrying about braking the drives now. Got Max Machien Worx built me one of their drives. I want to thank everyone making a comment in this thread, either possitive or negative. We are all here to help one another.

At one point, it looked like I was the bad guy buying F***ked up motors, but that's OK, I know what I got and the seller knows what he had sold and that's all matters, plus having others in this forum learn about the cituation that could place one in a terrible position.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

Mike wrote:
Love the picture, that's what how i was thinking mine would have came out.

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2822508]
Originally Posted by Spiker
I personally know Mark Kinser, and have several motors done and am in the process of building 2-1200hp motors. I have been there working side by side with him and I can say for a fact t hat everything that he does for everyonre that he works for is checked 3 times before before essembly. I have seen motors that have several seasons taken apart for inspection and usually they could be put rightback together again, that is the type of work that he does.

I alsio know for a fact that if something is not right or the person is not willing to use the right parts he will turn them away.

I know for a fact the motors were delivered to Kinsers and sat in a corner untouched until they were shipped out. I was there and helped with the crating.

I also remenber commenting that who in there right mind would put 2 - 1200 horsepower motors in a 33 foot baja.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging.

Knowing Jeff for a breif time as he has helped me with a few issues on my boat, he is a straight shooter and would bend over backwards to help someone.

With that said i am usually a lurker and do not post but feel compelled to as I personally know Mark and Jeff.

I also remenber commenting that who in there right mind would put 2 - 1200 horsepower motors in a 33 foot baja.

I am also pretty sure from being a Baja owner my self that the motors would not fit side by side in the engine compartment without some major removations to the rigging
Different STROKES 4 different Folks
Old 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My mistake that is usually why I do not post as everthing is scutinized to the last period.
The motors were not run or installed in a boat, they were checked. Leakdown. Not run, not installed, taken apart, parts taken off, part installed, parts switched,
I personally know Mark Kinser, and I know for a fact the motors were delivered to Kinsers and sat in a corner untouched until they were shipped out. I was there and helped with the crating. .
I am so confused!! They sat or got checked??

Never mind... It don't pertain to me and I shouldn't have posted anything else.. There are always 3 sides to every story!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
...let the seller sit on something you want for 6 months so you can get a better price and you call it negotiation...
Negotiation here is; We drive down with a pile of cash and a truck make an offer that to us seems reasonable then get out of Dodge with tire squealing and the stuff hooked up to the back the moment the seller says "Yes"....
Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah GL you must be familiar with the "Art of the Deal"
Old 03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by empire0007
Mike wrote:
While i am waiting to see what's going to happen with the 588 motors, i went and purchased a pair of Paul Pfaff 850's. This should get me as close as to the other motors would have (maybe), without worrying about braking the drives now. Got Max Machien Worx built me one of their drives. I want to thank everyone making a comment in this thread, either possitive or negative. We are all here to help one another.

At one point, it looked like I was the bad guy buying F***ked up motors, but that's OK, I know what I got and the seller knows what he had sold and that's all matters, plus having others in this forum learn about the cituation that could place one in a terrible position.

So you think 850's won't break drives???? LOL. You better buy 4 drives.

Actually, the only thing you know is what you were TOLD by your mechanic. All your mechanic knows is what he was TOLD and possibly shown by his machine shop.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by djkool99usa
Empire0007,

Jeff is as stand up as they come. I am calling BS on this one.

Jason
It is funny (to me and myself) that people post comments like this as if this is the "end all-be all" and will stop the thread fire.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
It is funny (to me and myself) that people post comments like this as if this is the "end all-be all" and will stop the thread fire.
He has spoken....so let it be written!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Registered

You mean to tell us you bought these engines for 30 grand? Did I read that correct? Are you ***** en about new engines or used ones. The way you are carrying on is that Jeff took the money from you and did not get anything for that. So what is the problem. Don't buy used if you can't fix it. 30 grand fix them and move along. Did you not hear of cash and carry. Warranty you want what.

Hollow point is the boat they come out of just look them up on You tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCD65Gfo92E

enjoy.

Quick Reply: Purchase deal went wrong. Need Advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.