Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dean Louckes Art of Design (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204859-dean-louckes-art-design.html)

Jassman 03-15-2009 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 2821783)
I have to say it, that DONZI looks Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet::drink:

Why doesn't anyone ever say how much these jobs cost?

Considering the amount of work, I don't think you could charge enough.

I know some of the prices of friends boats..Less than what Ive heard originally. Dean is very fair, and does one hell of a job.:cool:

Matt Trulio 03-15-2009 06:46 PM

Here's what I know:

1. I've been "up close and personal" with many, many of Dean Loucks/TAOD paint jobs and the work has been impeccable (even when it's not my taste).

2. I've met and interviewed Dean Loucks several times over the years and spent time with him, and he's never been anything but gracious and approachable.

3. I've met many of his customers and not one has said a negative word to me about his work.

It doesn't mean Dean Loucks/TAOD is incapable of making a mistake or having a dissatisfied customer. No one is. But his track record, at least in the high-end boat graphics world, is as strong as anyone's.

Hope this helps.

glassdave 03-15-2009 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 2821791)
Here's what I know:

1. I've been "up close and personal" with many, many of Dean Loucks/TAOD paint jobs and the work has been impeccable (even when it's not my taste).

2. I've met and interviewed Dean Loucks several times over the years and spent time with him, and he's never been anything but gracious and approachable.

3. I've met many of his customers and not one has said a negative word to me about his work.

It doesn't mean Dean Loucks/TAOD is incapable of making a mistake or having a dissatisfied customer. No one is. But his track record, at least in the high-end boat graphics world, is as strong as anyone's.

Hope this helps.

Well put and very true. He does some amazing work.

Coolerman 03-15-2009 11:35 PM

dean has some of the coolest paint layouts imo.

RELIABLE ONE 03-15-2009 11:55 PM

Dean has done many paint jobs and detail work in my group,He is at this time working on our new 50 skater project.he always get the job done on time and on budget...Bob

BraceYourself 03-16-2009 07:50 AM

Dean did a ton of work to my boat in January. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. Everything I wanted was done and done perfectly. Was there a little over a month. Sanded all the clear off, fixed every single scratch and re-cleared. Painted some other parts and I was very happy with the design. Also fixed some fiberglass on the hatch.

:ernaehrung004:

Would use him again.

BraceYourself 03-16-2009 08:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's his work.:ernaehrung004:

DaveP 03-16-2009 08:28 AM

At Typhoon we had Dean paint 2 boats (38zrc and the 36'Nor Tech Perfect Storm) and Dean is nothing short of amazing when it comes to creation of the design, to the paint job itself to the follow up after.

If everyone followed Dean's business manner in the performance boating industry there would be no one to b*tch about.

1st Class = Dean Louchs

BLee 03-16-2009 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Get Real (Post 2821629)
Customer. I have spent a considerable amount of $$$ at his shop. Not at all thrilled with the last project and outcome.

Really did not want to get into a pissing match with everyone, I was just interested to see if anyone else had any issues.

Gary,

I hate to hear that you are not happy with the results of your latest project with TOAD, but coming on OSO to publically air out your problems should be a last resort.

If this IS your last resort, giving a few details about the problem might get someone that had similar issues to post how they resolved them, or if they were resolved.

People come here ALL THE TIME, with new accounts trying to be anonymous, and post about respected business' without putting a name or details with it. The members here are NOT friendly with these types for obvious reasons. You HAD to expect some type of negativity, or questioning by bringing such a high profile painter's business into question.

mmareno 03-16-2009 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2822200)
Gary,

I hate to hear that you are not happy with the results of your latest project with TOAD, but coming on OSO to publically air out your problems should be a last resort.

If this IS your last resort, giving a few details about the problem might get someone that had similar issues to post how they resolved them, or if they were resolved.

People come here ALL THE TIME, with new accounts trying to be anonymous, and post about respected business' without putting a name or details with it. The members here are NOT friendly with these types for obvious reasons. You HAD to expect some type of negativity, or questioning by bringing such a high profile painter's business into question.

Dam you should write for Spielberg..... VERY well Put !!!!