Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Gauges Are In Now ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204894-what-gauges-now.html)

Sweet Nmocean 03-15-2009 10:58 PM

I run autometer marine mine doesn't fog but my buddy runs the same gauges and his fog. I ran VDO marine in another boat and had no trouble with them either.

Bottoms Up 03-16-2009 05:59 AM

We have installed all brand.

I have never had anyone come back to me with a broken gauge. I feel installation has alot to do with it. Fogging has a lot to do with tempature and location of the gauges and or ventalation in that area. Also I know boats are suppost to get wet but if you have allowed days of rain to cover them they will fog until dried properly, no matter what brand. This same issue is why some gauges fail. Even though they are marine gauges does not mean they are submersible.

Livorsi vs Gaffrig

Mike Livorsi has developed a company like no other. Providing product that has been imitated and never duplicated. Bought the Gaffrig company and then had to deal with a legal problem when they just started using the name again. Started the Livorsi name and went to the next level in his field.

How is it possible that you sell a company and then just open up again all while the person who bought the name has taken it to the next level?

I do not know the whole story but this was stuff I heard during all of those issue's a few years ago.

No matter what you choose I would say installation and care has a lot to do with longevity.

Your gauges deserve the same care as the rest of your boat!!!

Billy:drink:

lotojim 03-16-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by activatorf1 (Post 2821648)
I just was on Auto -meter site , found the marine section . I like the Platinum with chrome rim , 2 tachs 5 inch , one gps speedo , 2 volts , 2 5/8 , 2 temp , 2 fuel , temp sender and gps sender for under 1000.00

I am in the process of changing my dash and gauges now. I looked at AutoMeter but found that they ARE NOT sealed. May not make a difference but I did not like that. I ordered Gaffrigg last Friday. Platnuim 1-3 3/8 speedo dry, 2- 3 3/8 tach, 2-2" water temp, 2-2" oil temp, 1-2"volt, 1-2"gas and senders with chrome bezels all for 586.00. Hell of a deal.
I'll post pics when I can.

northernoffshore 03-16-2009 10:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
pics of gauges

northernoffshore 03-16-2009 10:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
pics of gauges

KEPP 03-16-2009 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by activatorf1 (Post 2821310)
Had Gaffrig Or Livorsi For Years , Lets Face Autometer Makes Most Of Their Stuff , Thinking About Straight Up Auto Meter Platinum for my 32 skater. Only Had A Few Issues With Livorsi , Had To Tap On Them A Few Times To Get Them To Move , But Other Than That No Issues , Just Feel The Name Is Now Old School

Ok guys here's the most current history lesson on gauges since many of your facts are true just some years old. The fact of the matter is Autometer only builds there own gauges anymore we all know they are a good gauge. As for Livorsi ever since CompX bought them they have spent thousands and thousands revamping their gauge line into their own product and have since added plug-in duetch connection technology. This is state of the art Formula one type gauge connections. The real part that we all love about the Livorsi gauges is the individuality of color choices and designs as Autometer only offers four choices. As for the Gaffrig brand all of their gauges today are imports. Nothing against imports but they are not built and assembled here in this country as the Autometer and Livorsi gauges are. That being said they all are good gauges you just need to determine which style or technology suits your application best.

http://www.keitheickert.com/gauges.html

Feel free to pm me for a quote.

Best Regards

AppSysCons 03-16-2009 03:48 PM

"What guages are in now?"

Who cares!

Do what I do, and buy what you like, and then enjoy it.

Never, never let someone tell you what to buy, just because it is the 'flavor of the day'.