Notices

Poker run boats

Old 03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Again it would be nice to see a head to head comparison, but maybe that would take the fun out of discussion

The kilo runs are not proof???? Stock 525's (certified) in light hulls, one a V one a cat. I think at this point you are just stirring the pot.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
So how fast is a Skater 388 with standard Merc 1075's?

165 to 170mph
Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
The kilo runs are not proof???? Stock 525's (certified) in light hulls, one a V one a cat. I think at this point you are just stirring the pot.

Hell yea I am stirring the pot its efing cold outside and I cannot go BOATING, so I do the next best thing and run my mouth on OSO like everyone
Old 03-20-2009, 01:45 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
So how fast is a Skater 388 with standard Merc 1075's?

I know what one will do with 1250 chiefs on 93 pump gas with transmissions.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tSXjQ8rCfI
Old 03-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
That's why I asked if he's just messing around. I could possibly understand if it was even a close comparison, but the margin is WIDE between the two hulls, in ANY water.

....and what's up with essentially the rogue wave argument always coming up. People act like they regularly go out every weekend in 15-20 foot waves, so they really need something that can safely run 150mph in those conditions.....
re: big water conditions... i can say, riding in b's "little 36' skater" there wasn't a v hull that came anywhere near catching us ---- not to mention, a comment from one of the better "factory" throttleman was, he had to come off plane to make the right hand turn, coming back from the 2nd leg of the run, to get the boat pointed in the right direction heading from the lake into the marina. needless to say, we had no problems doing it in the cat.

--- just the facts here.... oh, and we were 2nd one back from the card stop, behind a 46 skater....

Joe

ps: on the miami boat show run, we ran from islamorada to marathon for lunch on saturday w/ a friend in his 46.... in "solid" 4-5's, with the "rogue" waves occurring semi regularlly from ship wakes rolling in from hawk's channel, several miles out....

i had to slow waaaay down to 85~ish MPH waiting for him. several folks in my cat had never been in one before and all commented on how smooth of a ride it was.... as everyone in the v hul 46 complained how rough it was.....

i ran my boat up to 115-120 mph, easily, and it just kept getting smoother and smoother.

Joe
Old 03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
OK, I can accept the facts, I just wanted some I mean you got to admit, everytime a Cat says he wooped a V, and other way around, it is NEVER a FAIR playing ground.

As for comparing race boats, Holy smokes thats a discussion that I am not going to get into. I see how racers get into it.

I gues the old saying of "How fast does it go, is relative to the size of the wallet"
agree completely.... however, i can say, the v's are more fun in the "raft-up" situation where i love the cat's for the poker runs.....

they both have their own, very distinctive, purposes.... and both are great.
Joe
Old 03-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
agree completely.... however, i can say, the v's are more fun in the "raft-up" situation where i love the cat's for the poker runs.....

they both have their own, very distinctive, purposes.... and both are great.
Joe

I agree 100%...couldnt have said it any better
Old 03-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
Just stock merc 1075's?? I have a bridge that would be perfect for you...priced right!!
My understanding is that the engines are 1075's...Fountain had done some testing with them and sent them to Mercury where they were made into 1200's but then they kept having problems with them so Mercury took them back and built them back to 1075's
Old 03-21-2009, 04:44 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullhead
My understanding is that the engines are 1075's...Fountain had done some testing with them and sent them to Mercury where they were made into 1200's but then they kept having problems with them so Mercury took them back and built them back to 1075's
I have a bridge for you also...closeout special....
Old 03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
I have a bridge for you also...closeout special....
You mean a stock 1075 doesn't turn 7k?

and they may have been detuned from the setting that shattered the upper on the six.... but not very far.

Quick Reply: Poker run boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.