Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   16-21 Center Console (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20547-16-21-center-console.html)

The Wizard 03-20-2002 02:31 PM

16-21 Center Console

Hey People,

Maybe someone can help me out. I've been looking around for a 16-21 ft. Center Console to kind of knock around with. I need the boat to run well in the rough and able to run 50ish. I don't fish, I want to take it to the beach and beach it, late night cruise, dinners etc. Must be a 8-10 points in quality.

Thanks

;)zzie

PS Please no Active Thunders!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

I'm kidding, I'm kidding of course

Advantage_Rob 03-20-2002 02:40 PM

A/T Only, nothing better, I dont know why there are any other boats on the market!@!!

But seriously, what price range, new or used, any brand preference, looking for something sweet, or just something to kick around in. I've seen clearwater ctr consoles with big mercs for cheap prices, but I dont know who clearwater is, but the price was right, it's no Active Thunder, but I'm sure there are alot of this kind of sporty ctr cnsl boats out there, by many different manufacturers.

Miller 03-20-2002 02:40 PM

I love Boston Whaler center consoles. Go check them out. They are well made and ride comfortably. I don't know which models to recommend and what the top speeds are, but you should check them out.

The Wizard 03-20-2002 03:02 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply, I'm thinking of getting something new. I start out looking at some of them that have great price tags but are cheap looking. I want to spend around 15,000-25,000. I do want something sweet and some what plush.

Miller!!

Whats doing bro. funny you should mention the Boston Whaler. I'm going to look at the 16 and 18 Dauntless this evening. I spoke with DaveP on Tuesday, looking to hook up in NYC soon, are you in?:):)

What are other center console that are hot?

Thanks

;)zzie

CigDaze 03-20-2002 03:05 PM

I'd take a close look at Mako and Proline, unless you have already counted those out. I see a ton of them around here, seem to be very well built, ride nice and I see them out there in all water conditions.

Dave M 03-20-2002 03:14 PM

Hey, us Superboat owners like to plug our rides too! Superboat makes a '16 Center console. Check it out ...

http//superboatonline.com/16.html

Good Luck,
Dave M.

fastedy 03-20-2002 03:22 PM

You should check out John's 21 Superboat centerconsole, runs upper 60's with a 200 Merc, it has lots of room and handles big chop with speed. 631-226-1761

www.superboatonline.com

Eddie Simmons
Superboatusa.com

Miller 03-20-2002 04:01 PM

Oz, just fighting with the building. I'd be up for going out in the city. Just let me know when.

I grew up in and around Whalers. They are really good. I don't know much about the other center consoles. Though Nouvorania (sp?) seems to make a really nice rigid hulled inflatable center console in that size range.

cuda 03-20-2002 07:49 PM

I would check Proline. My buddy has an old 1988 25' Walk around cuddy, and it has been abused and it is still solid. This boat will move too, I have an 18' CC that I just put a new 175 on, and I figured I would walk away from that big heavy boat. We got in the smoothe water, and I was in front of him and opened it up. Next thing I new, he was going right on by me. This boat has a 9'6" beam, and we ride across the bay together, I'll be huddled behing my CC getting drenched, and he is riding smooth as can be. A Proline of the size you are talking about is closer to 25k than 15K I am sure. Whichever you choose, be sure to buy it with all the power it is rated for. I made that mistake back in 1988 when I bought my Biddison 18 new, it was rated to 175 and I had them put a 120 on it thinking of economy. I was never happy with the performance or the economy for 13 years, until I repowered with the 175 last year. I also had hydraulic steering installed at that time. What a difference, went from driving a dump truck to a Porche. If I were you, I'd look for a used hull, and repower with a new motor. They can be had cheap when the motor isn't worth anything.

fountain1fan 03-20-2002 08:50 PM

i have a 162 scout 90 hp merc 55 mph great boat we also have a 13 whaler 50hp merc about 50 mph but ill take my scout same glass as fountain foam fill'ed willl not sink they make boats up to 28ft www. scout boats .com built in gas tank