Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Possum Kingdom...where to stay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20562-lake-possum-kingdom-where-stay.html)

teckersley 03-20-2002 06:48 PM

Lake Possum Kingdom...where to stay

A group of Houston friends are coming to Lake Possum Kingdom for Memorial Day weekend. Where does everyone stay? Does anyone have any suggestions for hotel/rentals?

Anyone else going?

NASDBOY 03-20-2002 08:49 PM

How far is Possum Kingdom from Houston, if you guys do a road trailer trip in a group, I would consider going for the weekend.:cool: :cool:

teckersley 03-20-2002 09:18 PM

NASDBOY

It looks like it is about 6-7 hours. Since it is a long weekend anyway, we are planning on leaving Thursday afternoon or Friday and heading up there possibley returning Tuesday morning. Plans are just begining. Evryone I talk to has good things to say about the lake. I was hoping to get some additional info from OSO members...Especially where to stay and where to hang out on the lake.:D

liquid asset 03-20-2002 09:21 PM

Stay at the cliffs resort it's bad as# Me and about 4-5 others are already staying that sat. and sun. We all need to hook up I would say 5 hours? it takes me an hour and a half from Ft. Worth

liquid asset 03-20-2002 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Teckersly what boat do you have? Hope you like to party ,cause it gets pretty wild hook up with us at the cliffs and We'll show you hells gate and have a oso raft up!!!!!!!! lots of boats on that lake, it's the prettiest cleanest, deepest (40-150 foot) I've ever been on

teckersley 03-21-2002 07:26 AM

Liquid Asset:

I have a 27' Fountain and I am totally up for hanging out and seeing the lake. Let's see how big of an OSO raft we can make at Hells Gate. I'm pretty sure I have an additional 2 boats in my convoy.

Dean Ferry 03-21-2002 08:31 AM

It's been about 12 years since I've been to PK, BUT it is one of the most beautiful lakes I have ever been on! :cool: And I have boated everywhere in the US except the NW!
We have friends that live on the lake so we would stay with them most of the time, but when the "Boys" would go by ourselves, we stayed @ Possom Hollow. They have little H2Ofront cabins , all different sizes, with basic amenities. Hell's Gate is a WILD place on Big Holiday weekends.
Enjoy,
MD

liquid asset 03-21-2002 12:38 PM

GOTTAHAVEIT, I would like to take my dogs to, a collie and a cockapoo,but Grandma will defineatly be puppy sitting that weekend:D :D

NASTY HABIT 03-21-2002 05:26 PM

Cool picture..... Now i wanna go ....what a drive...

teckersley 03-21-2002 07:34 PM

It's done. Looks like it's a party!

We have rooms reserved at The Cliffs for Fri, Sat, and Sun night.

Let's make sure we make some plans to meet up.

Any suggestions?:D :D