Notices

Milky Oil, Please Help

Old 03-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didn't seem to rise, I am gonna try blowing some air down the dipstick...yeah, I changed the filter also....I am gonna pull the look in the valve pan cover also...this is all good advice...does anyone seem to think it may be a gasket, or not since its running normal?
Old 03-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Registered

if it was compleatly stock then then i would say least likly a gasket being a newer engine it just don't happen that often any more but you never no but it sounds like you have after market gaskets or some one has been in to your engine so it could be a gasket but keep testing first it is hard to get the milk out you may need to go run it on the lake for 20-30 min to get it hot to start clearing out the milk and change the oil a few more times then if it seams to stop change it every 20 hours or so till better then go to every 50 hours.fix them flappers A.S.A.P.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:52 AM
Registered

yeah, going to check this out tomorrow and see what happens...I only ran it about 5 minutes each time, will it hurt it with milky oil? Afraid to try to run it 30 minutes
Old 03-28-2009, 03:15 AM
Registered

I know a lot ture engine guys will diagree with this but in the past I have seen this a lot and if we could not find any thing wrong with the engine making water but found bad flappers or exshust system then we just fixed it and changed the oil 3-4 times and ran on the hose for 10-15 min each time.then send them on there way and had them come back in 20 hours for a oil change and all seemd ok there after just make shur your temp is geting to specks.the milk in the oil would be about the same as say if the boat sank one day they say just get the water out and change the oil and go run it so yes it should be safe to run it for testing.since you have a procharger it would be a good idea to do a compershion test to help test the head gaskets if that is bad then you will make water.good luck.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:27 AM
Registered

my prop sucks water through the slit at the bottom of the prop, do I just haft to lower the prop into a bucket of water?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:45 AM
Registered

? how have you been running the engine.if it is stock there should be a set of holes in the middel of the lower unit just behind the prop on both sides and you will need a set of flushing rubber muffs to go around both sets or holes if you don't have that type of set up then yes but you will need like a big tank to cover all the holes.a tank like they use to give a hores water.keep it full the water will come out the exhaust
Old 03-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Registered

not stock...have a performance built outdrive to handle the motor and procharger...my dad owns a cattle farm, can probably find something
Old 03-28-2009, 04:04 AM
Registered

there you go just make shur you for get to return it back to dad you'r always going to need that tank then.A good boater will always run there engine out at home be for you go to the water that way you will know every thing is ok be for you go out that way you are only half mad at it in stead of fully mad at the boat for wasting you'r time.good luck I hope this helps good night.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:18 AM
Registered

appreciate all the help...
Old 03-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Could also be a leak in the innercooler. Procharger innercoolers were known for this problem for awhile.

I would look at head gaskets and check the innercooler.

Quick Reply: Milky Oil, Please Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.